xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paVer

Loading Linux Loading Linux

Go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Linux is packaged in different distributions one of my favorite is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it is full of powerful art producing software like http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/ and many more. many of the Linux distributions have what is called live CDs these are Linux Distributions You can run from Your CD ROM on Your windows system. You put the CD in before You boot then when You boot Your computer the CD boots up Linux and Linux now will recognize all Your hardware. You just download the MusixGNU+Linux1.0r2_Stable.iso burn it on to a CD make sure Your burner is set to bootable put it in Your CD and Welcome to the future. paVer.

thanks paVer, that looks like a very nice distro. Being an amateur muso and big linux fan, I might just give it a try.
Is it a deb based distro? Personally using Debian4 on a VPS and Ubuntu Gutsy on my home PC. Just used to apt-get I spose.
And youre right about live CD's, they rock! No windoze user has an excuse not to try out linux these days, its all to easy. As a side note, there are even distros that will boot off a flash drive too. (If your bios supports it). Enabling you to take your OS anywhere.
2 such examples are Puppy Linux (My personal favourite, it loads into and runs from your RAM giving outstanding speed), and Damn Small Linux, also a nice fast distro.
Just food for thought for all you windoze users out there. <_<

The best linux distro, or rather the most popular, is Ubuntu. As such it has great community support and most applications that work on Linux work flawlessly on Ubuntu. Check it out.

The best linux distro, or rather the most popular, is Ubuntu. As such it has great community support and most applications that work on Linux work flawlessly on Ubuntu. Check it out.

Thanks for the tips on the distro's i will check out the thumb drive apps. Yes Ubuntu is the easiest to use and has some of the best support but it has been polluted with java who is going to trust some one who says Personal Freedom is over and then says trust me my secret client side java script is secure i will not make a back door to enter You computer and do what ever i want and firefox is polluted with java also. java sucks sun macrosystems! when people know the truth no one will use your garbage! No disrespect to adenrake i am Open Source Forever! Not closed source!

Yes Ubuntu is the easiest to use and has some of the best support but it has been polluted with java who is going to trust some one who says Personal Freedom is over and then says trust me my secret client side java script is secure i will not make a back door to enter You computer and do what ever i want and firefox is polluted with java also.

If you don't want to use Java, nobody can make you. I have high respect for Sun Microsystems because they were the ones that made OpenOffice, and in my opinion Java is fine, so if you're really that worried that it'll screw you in the end, that's your choice, I'm just telling you, they're not going down Microsoft's path.

No disrespect to adenrake i am Open Source Forever!

As I said before, you're contradicting yourself because Sun Microsystems isn't all closed source, OO is the best example.

If you don't want to use Java, nobody can make you. I have high respect for Sun Microsystems because they were the ones that made OpenOffice, and in my opinion Java is fine, so if you're really that worried that it'll screw you in the end, that's your choice, I'm just telling you, they're not going down Microsoft's path.As I said before, you're contradicting yourself because Sun Microsystems isn't all closed source, OO is the best example.

i apologize i did go a little over board with that post. Freedom is the only way we will all get along.