xisto Community
galexcd

Google Notifier Problems...

Alright well I've got google notifier on my mac and it works great, so I decided to install it on my windows partition as well. Well I am having problems with the windows version (Surprised?). Anyway the problem is that it doesn't remember my username and password. The mac version stores my account username and password in the mac keychain, but the windows version prompts me for my account username and password every time I start up the computer. It completely defeats the purpose of the notifier. If anyone knows how to have it store the username and password, that would be great.

So nobody else here at Xisto, or all of the internet for that matter has any experience with google notifier, or has any input on this matter at all? Even somebody else replying that they are having similar issues would be good... I want to know if I'm doing something wrong here...

are you talking about google talk? if so when it comes up just put in your username and password and check the remeber password box and it should remember your username and password it does for me atleast.

No I'm not talking about google talk. I'm talking about google notifier. The little thing that sits in your menu bar (if you have a mac, taskbar if you've got windows) that lights up and shows you little snippets of your messages when you get new email. On the mac version there is that box that says "remember your password", but not on the windows version.

Google Notifier Problems...Google Notifier Problems...

alex7h3pr0gr4m3r, if you use Internet Explorer you won't have to login each time you access your email account. Seems pretty stupid, but Google's own Chrome browser has the same problem as You mentioned. So for Gmail Notifier the only solution yet is to use IE.

-reply by Daniel

Hello

I repeat the question about google notifier and google chrome. In factt after doing the login in google notifier I keep the need to login in gmail. It is true that I was able to read gmail without the need to input the password again only when using internet explorer!

So I repeat  the question of a previous member in this forum. Does someone know some solution?

JPM