xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xavierkym

Make Your Ie7 Better IE7 Pro

http://android.brothersoft.com/

Homepage

IE7Pro is an add-on for Internet Explorer which adds a lot of features and extras which make your Browsing faster,More Responsive and Sleek.

IE7Pro is a must have add-on for Internet Explorer, which includes a lot of features and tweaks to make your IE friendlier, more useful, secure and customizable. IE7Pro includes Tabbed Browsing Management, Spell Check, Inline Search, Super Drag Drop, Crash Recovery, Proxy Switcher, Mouse Gesture, Tab History Browser, Web Accelerator, User Agent Switcher, Webpage Capturer, AD Blocker, Flash Block, Greasemonkey like User Scripts platform, User Plug-ins and many more power packed features. You can customize not just Internet Explorer, but even your favorite website according to your need and taste using IE7Pro.

You can let your IE7 display your local Weather Forecast. =)

Try to checkout the preferences and you can see what other cool function this addon could make your IE7 friendlier, more useful, secure and customizable.

edit:

I digg out their site and i found out its compatible to Internet Explorer 6.0/7.0 and above :P (title changed)

As i explore its preferences i found out that you can let it display a local weather forecast on y our stat bar wherever you are. (it uses the accuweather forecast, the one used in vista widget). and on the adblock option you can set your own filter (a very useful in blocking unwanted sites).

If you have any question you can't find from their homepage just post here and i'll try my best to answer it.

is my post useful to you? please say thanks..

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy should be wrapped in Quote tags. I've added them for the bit that was copied.

I think IE is just trying to steal more from FireFox. FF has had all of those features for a while now, and many more. And if you go to their add-ons page, there are plenty more features. Probably even more than any one person will ever need. It just depends on what all you want to use it for.FF even has an extension to render pages with IE and stuff, for if you want to make sure everyone else will see the page the same as you when you're making something.It kind of helps, though, that people can add their own stuff to FF. Microsoft just has a group of employees that have no reason other than money to come up with new stuff. People that make stuff for FF are doing it just because they can, and they want a good browser that does whatever you want. It's all in the incentive.

Too bad microsoft didnt come up with this them selves, Oh my site just died in IE7 yes maybe my coding is bad but firefox loves it. Anyway IE just plain sucks as well and I'll have to go back and redo it checking what I have changed recently. I should be used to IE7's dissapointment by now but it never gets old lol.

To be honest I have to disagree with everyone and mention the fact that Internet explorer add-on's are not cheap and that you be lucky if you find one that is loaded with stuff and is free. Of course who isn't stealing idea's from who, but of course you can't call it stealing since these idea's are not patent to an extent that if someone creative an add-on for a browser they could get in trouble. Of course I only can imagine how many people have reverted back to IE6 at a designer's level and not at a business level, but hopefully with the claims of IE8 maybe people will go back to or something.

I might have to download this and try it out. However, i am concerned that it will cause lots of issues when patches come out for IE7. If you look at their site, you will notice it is a product that is not from Microsoft but a 3rd Party Vendor. This means, they do not know what changes microsoft will be making with their engine and thus you can not know if this will cause an issue later down the line. Personally, i probably just will wait until the summer when IE8 comes out and most of these features will be in it.

I'm not saying they are stealing ideas or what ever, Everyone copies everyone theses days. I'm only pointing out the fact that they don't seem to have the time them selves to create these kinds of plug ins when they are busy trying to keep their browser from exploding lol. It would be much nicer if they included some of the nice plug ins Firefox has but then again IE is not Firefox and you cant expect them all to be alike. I don't know what I'm trying to say here <_<. The part about being concerned about what would happen if you installed those and then update IE7 later on I don't like. Firefox updates and the plugins I've had no problem with so far even if its 3rd party plugs that I use but I don't know I just plain don't expect much from IE7.Sorry for my dissing of IE so much if you are an IE fan. I cant help it it drives me crazy every time something works in FF and it docent in IE 7. OK enough of that...bye

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Even with IE7 Pro, I still can't get into IE7. I've used firefox for a while now and I can't see myself changing. Lots of things about it such as the extensions and expandability is what draws me to it. Plus the fact that I'm on a mac and I can't use IE anymore, not that I'm missing anything <_<