xisto Community
iGuest

Dmoz SUBMISSION

It can take up to 6 months to get listed, its a normal thing, its all hand managed. each site has to be approved by them personaly.It helps if your site is good and has alot of hits too.

Hi:My site is listed in DMOZ. It was worth the waiting to get it submitted and/or approved. A lot of search engines pull results off of DMOZ. So, once you are listed in DMOZ, your traffic will go up.I don't know about being an editor. I wanted to be an editor for histology, but after reading their terms of service, it sounded like it would be a conflict of interest, since I own a histology site.Sunkist

Dmoz is a very good website indeed.I've had about 5 websites now throughout my life. Every time i've wanted my website to appear onto google, i've used the dmoz service to do this for me. Every time, so far, it's worked.You still have to wait for quite a while before the link is actually added to the search engine, but still, if you've submitted to dmoz, then there's not really any reason why you won't be added, unless you go against the terms of service or submit multiple times - if you submit more than once they'll treat you as a spammer. It's best to submit once then forget about it. This is my opinion anyway. I'm sure i've read this somewhere aswell.Hope this helps.