xisto Community
CiniMen

What Is Fun Anymore? Changing the definition of fun

I know this isn't the argument at hand but.. It's the older generation's fault. I'm 16, and I'm aware that I'll sound like an ungrateful child, but I didn't choose how to be raised. Neither did I choose how my generation was bought up, or how the world was sold to us. We didn't ask for electronics- greedy corporations and a swathe of lazy parents handed these things to us and said, "This is fun".I currently work around three hours a night in preperation for my GCSEs which have apparently been 'dumbed down'. I didn't ask for them to be made easier, but the British government- averagely aged 50- decided it would get more kids into University, and send them off to unsuspecting employers with Mickey-Mouse qualifications in a vein attempt to boost the economy.The only time I see my family is when I share a 30-minute meal with them whilst watching television. I was raised well, and my parents are madly keen on old-fashioned 'ideals', but with the workload and the temptation to use electronics as a release, I don't have the time for them or conventional 'fun'.Children of the sixties, hang your heads in shame. Just kidding, we're cool.On an unrelated note, I enjoy being told that "Drugs are bad" by people who probably smoked dope more than me. I know for a fact that my mum and dad smoked constantly through University in the 70s, and Jacqui Smith (the god awful government worker who reclassed Cannabis as a grade B drug) single-handedly consumed the world's weed supply during her school days.