xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiniMen

Over Priced Technoloy

Today in a country like ours, it is so easy to get what you want.'Click', a map of wherever you are, whenever you wish. A genie inyour pocket says, 'Hey your buddy's calling, wanna talk?'Breakthrough. But being amazed by something we take for granted isnot what I'm here to talk about. I have one point, if things likethese are available, why are they so out of reach to those who needthem. The man trying to make a few coins, raising corn, is the onewho needs the information on harvest. The man trying to get off thestreet is the one who needs to know where help is. The man blowinghis nose on twenties isn't the one who needs the car with the electricmap, or the brick that plays 80,000 songs. So what I'm trying to say,if you're targeting an audience with a product, make it in their pricerange! For example, I've been saving up since my birth to make apurchase of my dreams, a simple laptop. It's the cheapest of theirline, the smallest of their hard drives. I'm not saying I'm the manon the street, or the farmer in the field. I'm saying I'm the kid onhis parent's computer, knowing that he wants to build something thatwill change the world forever. But that can't happen if week afterweek, 'amazing improvements' are being made that raise the price by50$ increments.I just want to know, if anyone is where I am, and if I'm ever going toget where I want to be. I know that you need to 'bring yourself pastobstacles.' But I'm impatient, I know this. I want the wait to end.I want the rich companies to think about what's best for its customersand the future of their business with them.

Good luck with that mate! Seriously though I am notoriously uncaring about other people who ive never even metfor example... erm we are running a business, its a nationwide competition in schools, we were buying roses for valentines day but a cheaper deal was found... we were buying them from a teachers daughters friend (the teacher was the one running the comp for our school) No money was exchanged, no contract had be drawn out so I suggested "screw her, lets go for the cheaper ones" the rest of my team said "We cant do that she'll make a loss" the truth is I care about a lot of people but random people in business dont matter. As for your problems Im in business to make a profit, not impress customers. It just so happens that customers are needed for a profit so thats why there are services in place for custermers and wth prices its all to do with inflation and the stock market but with laptops the price should come down as newer technology is made!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

What you have said is true, but it is putting a large portion of our country out of the reach of things that are becoming more and more used. In some cases this ends up with theft to get things that are out of reach financially. In some cases the lack of opportunities to get the newer technology has left people with the lack of knowledge needed for many jobs. Most of the money is ending up in foreign countries anyway, a lot of the parts are being manufactured elsewhere. In the end we are paying large amounts amount of money that will supporting other countries and not putting it into American businesses.Thats all for my rave.

Today in a country like ours, it is so easy to get what you want.

'Click', a map of wherever you are, whenever you wish. A genie in

your pocket says, 'Hey your buddy's calling, wanna talk?'

Breakthrough. But being amazed by something we take for granted is

not what I'm here to talk about. I have one point, if things like

these are available, why are they so out of reach to those who need

them. The man trying to make a few coins, raising corn, is the one

who needs the information on harvest. The man trying to get off the

street is the one who needs to know where help is. The man blowing

his nose on twenties isn't the one who needs the car with the electric

map, or the brick that plays 80,000 songs. So what I'm trying to say,

if you're targeting an audience with a product, make it in their price

range! For example, I've been saving up since my birth to make a

purchase of my dreams, a simple laptop. It's the cheapest of their

line, the smallest of their hard drives. I'm not saying I'm the man

on the street, or the farmer in the field. I'm saying I'm the kid on

his parent's computer, knowing that he wants to build something that

will change the world forever. But that can't happen if week after

week, 'amazing improvements' are being made that raise the price by

50$ increments.

I just want to know, if anyone is where I am, and if I'm ever going to

get where I want to be. I know that you need to 'bring yourself past

obstacles.' But I'm impatient, I know this. I want the wait to end.

I want the rich companies to think about what's best for its customers

and the future of their business with them.

That is so true! All cars, and other little pieces of super chip and ultimate system stuff are way too over priced! It's no wonder not many people buy anything except the really popular things, like iPods. I mean, get a life! Buy your fav CD and get a player! What is an iPod for except for music? Seriously,

Companies: Lower your prices on these, and quite so possible you will get many more sales!

every electronic thing, have a high proce for the first launch, isnt it?then for me., I usually wait for about one year to buy electronics, so the price already down for a usefull things., :P

Yeah, but after a year, theres something new anyways and then you want something else six months later lol. Best to buy the electronics when they come out, and when the next thing that u want comes out, jump onto Trademe (or ebay) and sell your current electronic b4 it becomes worthless. Then use that o money ti to buy to next 1