xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bird Man

What Do You Use To Build A Web Site ???

Well, I used to work with MS FrontPage (for HTML coding, offcourse) but then I realized how bad it is and I got Dreamweaver ( I think version is not important). Now I'm working with Dreamweaver for HTML and PhotoShop 7.0, Illustrator CS for graphics. I don't use flash animations very often, so when I need them, I open Swish Max.P.S. I also do PHP in Dreamweaver (editing scripts :rolleyes:)

I mostly use HTML for my sites and PHPBB for forums. I use Notepad, CrimsonEditor, and the Cpanel file editor to code and edit, SmartFTP to upload, (I don't have the links to CrimsonEditor or SmartFTP on hand, but I'm sure someone linked to them in these forums.), mostly PaintShopPro for graphics, and I have a Wacom tablet to draw things straight in.

I'm beginner, so I use FrontPage. Sometimes I use Notepad for editing. I use Dreamweaver too for several reason. For images, layout, and other graphics, I use Photoshop 7.0 or Fireworks (most often use Photoshop). For uploading I usually use FTP (now using emFTP). But sometimes I use browser to upload.

I had the free software provided by Yahoo (BTYahoo) which wasn't bad - but then I downloaded Namo Webeditor ( version 6.00) and found it very , very good. Its by a Korean company apparently and comes with some quite nice templates for various kinds of sites. It supports ftp so you can upload directly to your site if you want - and I like the editor - its fairly straightforward to understand. It has 30 days free trial - and if you are lucky enough to live in US you can get it for about 40 dollars on Amazon at the moment which must be a bargain ( version 5.5 I believe though) or the full new version costs about 70 dollars but includes other stuff which I havn't checked out yet.http://www.namo.com/ - its well worth a look.Mike

I think that it's the best solution to use photoshop for design and dreamweaver for layouting, and flash for animations... Adobe & Macromedia products in combination can make wonderful things like THIS SITE. :rolleyes:

When i create websites, i use Dreamweaver. And for graphics... i use Fireworks and Photoshop. I enjoy making flash sites too. I also do CSS, ofcourse, to make lives easier... i think these are the basics. ofcourse, if you;ll be doing more complicated programmjing based sites... you need to learn php ... or asp... or other languages available. =) goodluck!