xisto Community
DSGamer3002

How Often Do You Use Css? As opposed to using simple font and div tags

I prefer to use CSS always. I always try to follow w3c guidelines about web page designing. HTML is for Structure and CSS for Presentation. I am following it. I won't mess up my HTML code with presentation attributes like color, size etc..My CSS will take care of them. And I prefer using external style sheet. This will make it easy to edit style in a single file without having to edit many pages. And also it saves a little bandwidth. :lol:

I've been designing sites for a month and i have just learn CSS and DIV last 3 months and it really makes my designing easier. and i feel like i've just step up to the next level of my skill in web designing.. :)

I only use CSS for bigger sites. Not for my small sites that calculate stuff and such(experiments). I love it though. Just typing out the code once and then being able to use it everywhere with the <div> tag. I seriously recommend anyone not using CSS to find some tutorials with Google and start learning right away. That is if you make sites of course.

I don't use CSS at all. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have enough functionality to bother learning it. I mean, controlling text to be the same on every page... that's not that great. All of my needs are taken care of by using the "include" function in PHP and writing pages in HTML.To me, the W3C saying that HTML shouldn't be able to do color and font tags, and that should be left to CSS is the same as saying "Well when you walk into a Chinese resturant, you have to speak Chinese." It's extra effort put forth when the first language sufficed.

I don't use CSS at all. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have enough functionality to bother learning it. I mean, controlling text to be the same on every page... that's not that great. All of my needs are taken care of by using the "include" function in PHP and writing pages in HTML.

CSS isn't that much hard Forte. It is pretty easy....and will give you much more control over the layout and look of your website. CSS is fully functional. You can do many things with CSS...which you can't do alone with HTML.

I'll tell you with some example. Suppose you have a website completely designed only in HTML, and later decided to remodel the look of the website. Then you must manually change the code in the every page. Conent may be same....but all code should be changed to change the look. But if you have for your website....you don't have to change a single webpage to change the look. Yuu can simply change a single Style Sheet (CSS) to completely change the look of your site. Thats the power of CSS.

In CSS controlling text may not same on every page....its your choice. You can define as many classes as you wish to control the display of a page. You can control all HTML tags with CSS. And you can even go for further complexity. For example you can choose one color to <h1> and another color to the same <h1> tag which appear between <div> tags....and so...on....
Simply CSS will make your web designing experience much more easy and interesting. :)

To me, the W3C saying that HTML shouldn't be able to do color and font tags, and that should be left to CSS is the same as saying "Well when you walk into a Chinese resturant, you have to speak Chinese." It's extra effort put forth when the first language sufficed.

I don't know about this saying..but I will give you my own saying :) ....Using HTML for styling your website is like stitching clothes to your skin permanently. Using CSS is like wearing T-shirts, Jeans etc...you can change the dresses and colors whenever you like. Which is better? :D

I've used CSS since I first discovered it. It makes formatting and coding so much easier instead of having to stick tags infront of everything I can have it all nice and neat in one file separate from the rest of my coding.And like xpress said, that way you don't have to go trawling through the website when you want a change of colour scheme to change very single tag :)I find CSS an essential part of any of my websites whether small or large, its convenient easy and makes everything organized. I don't see any negatives at all!