xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
somertonlord

Spaceships Will Exist

spaceships, yes or no  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm Somertonlord and I believe scientists will soon have the power to build spaceships.Motherships and drones. I even have a couple of ideas and names.Starship sx 1 commercial ship, Astro C class cargo ship, the military Argon N series battleship, SS Supernova mining ship and the S V star cruiser (holiday ship).Twin turbo plasma engines, 7 medical rooms with X ray scanners, 29 16 inch plasma cannons, long range radar, kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms you could live in one and as for the drone ships I'm thinking two double turbo plasma cannons, single plasma engine and titanium armored wings.:P

Edited by somertonlord (see edit history)

I'm Somertonlord and I believe scientists will soon have the power to build spaceships.Motherships and drones. I even have a couple of ideas and names.
Starship sx 1 commercial ship, Astro C class cargo ship, the military Argon N series battleship, SS Supernova mining ship and the S V star cruiser (holiday ship).
Twin turbo plasma engines, 7 medical rooms with X ray scanners, 29 16 inch plasma cannons, long range radar, kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms you could live in one and as for the drone ships I'm thinking two double turbo plasma cannons, single plasma engine and titanium armored wings.:P

Wow... that's quite a tall order, isn't it? For that reason, I voted no.

Actually, I was very much inclined to point out that, yes, we already have spaceships out there but, if you're really looking for science-fiction grade spacecrafts, then no. I don't think it will happen in another decade or so. Unless, by some miracle, we managed to end war and poverty and hunger and AIDS and cancer.

Okay, humoring you, let's go over the list:
1. Twin turbo plasma engines - engines powered by plasma? Or engines generating plasma? Either way, I think this is science fiction. I could be wrong, though.
2. X-ray scanners - If you mean X-ray machines, yes. We have a lot of those in the hospitals. Getting them to orbit will be a piece of cake, somewhat.
3. 16 inch plasma cannons - what for? I don't suppose we'd suddenly discover hostile alien life in the next few years... unless it's for petty politics and warfare, in that case, count me out.
4. Long range radar - We have those too.
5. Kitchens - I'm sure NASA will be glad to offer you samples of space food. Actually, more like flavored toothpaste.
6. Bedrooms - Yes, nothing like a warm soft resilient horizontal surface lined with straps for a comfortably relaxing repose in the middle of an eternal night.
7. Bathrooms - I'd rather not explain beyond, "Yes, it is there. Up there."
8. Titanium armored wings - Hmmn... strong, durable and also unbelievably heavy. Perfect, if we could ever get the spacecraft into orbit.

I am not really a sadist who enjoys shooting down other people's ideas but, really, sometimes, I think we could all use a reality check. Imagine a hungry boy in Africa, the youngest of a a recently-orphaned litter of fifteen. I'm sure he would appreciate a kitchen, a bedroom or a bathroom but it would be well beyond his comprehension to even enjoy titanium armored wings, wouldn't it? :P

Wow... that's quite a tall order, isn't it? For that reason, I voted no.
Actually, I was very much inclined to point out that, yes, we already have spaceships out there but, if you're really looking for science-fiction grade spacecrafts, then no. I don't think it will happen in another decade or so. Unless, by some miracle, we managed to end war and poverty and hunger and AIDS and cancer.

Okay, humoring you, let's go over the list:
1. Twin turbo plasma engines - engines powered by plasma? Or engines generating plasma? Either way, I think this is science fiction. I could be wrong, though.
2. X-ray scanners - If you mean X-ray machines, yes. We have a lot of those in the hospitals. Getting them to orbit will be a piece of cake, somewhat.
3. 16 inch plasma cannons - what for? I don't suppose we'd suddenly discover hostile alien life in the next few years... unless it's for petty politics and warfare, in that case, count me out.
4. Long range radar - We have those too.
5. Kitchens - I'm sure NASA will be glad to offer you samples of space food. Actually, more like flavored toothpaste.
6. Bedrooms - Yes, nothing like a warm soft resilient horizontal surface lined with straps for a comfortably relaxing repose in the middle of an eternal night.
7. Bathrooms - I'd rather not explain beyond, "Yes, it is there. Up there."
8. Titanium armored wings - Hmmn... strong, durable and also unbelievably heavy. Perfect, if we could ever get the spacecraft into orbit.

I am not really a sadist who enjoys shooting down other people's ideas but, really, sometimes, I think we could all use a reality check. Imagine a hungry boy in Africa, the youngest of a a recently-orphaned litter of fifteen. I'm sure he would appreciate a kitchen, a bedroom or a bathroom but it would be well beyond his comprehension to even enjoy titanium armored wings, wouldn't it? :P

''We might have to hold on to those plasma cannons because humans just can't trust each other these days and could start a space war and when you're the one with the ship with none of those you're not going to look very smart when they destroy it leaving you to float around in an escape pod having to freeze yourself until help arrives but you are quite right though.:P

we already have SPACESHIPS. We have space shuttles, rockets etc etc.We won't have twin plasma engines, but Twin Ion Engines (Yes we'd be making TIE Cruisers).X-Ray scanners will be completely necessary! 3D Gammatrons (Not sure how to spell it) would be what we need. Also Radar that calculates positions using by triangulating. 16-Inch Plasma cannons won't be necessary! All we'd be needing are Railguns! Yes Railguns! Along with RAILGUNS, we would have MAC (magnetic acceration cannons), Gauss weapons, and coilguns. We have bedrooms, bathrooms, although no kitchen (they have a thing called 'cupboards')Why would we need such a thing as titanium? and even more, why would we need wings? I say we make the ship out of carbon nanotubes!

Well this topic is nice reading I must say. I voted already on this as yes but because I haven't read the topic at first and I voted zes because I though t on the spaceships and stations that already exist. So t check it out. We already have spaceshps.However we do not have the exact spaceships as they are described in the science fiction books. However we are developing really fast and because of that we will soon be inclinecd to leave earth and wander around universe. :P :P Which will be really nice I would like to wander around universe and search for new things. Like Captian Jean Luc Picard. Hopefully i have spelled this OK. :P:D

They probably will exist, but I voted No. I voted No because the Goverment is spending a lot of money on wasted things. I doubt "Space Exploration" would come into it yet. Even though it's very likely, seeing as there is plenty of different Space Stations out there.

Keep your hopes up :P I voted yes even though i think a decade may be a little short for something that is so complex.I think human race got a little lazy.We should have flying cars until now, too. It is 2008 man, come on!! Don't you think it is time we see some hi-tech stuff flying around?

They probably will exist, but I voted No. I voted No because the Goverment is spending a lot of money on wasted things. I doubt "Space Exploration" would come into it yet. Even though it's very likely, seeing as there is plenty of different Space Stations out there.

that is so true. lousy government. :P

Keep your hopes up :P I voted yes even though i think a decade may be a little short for something that is so complex.
I think human race got a little lazy.

We should have flying cars until now, too. It is 2008 man, come on!! Don't you think it is time we see some hi-tech stuff flying around?

Yeah but the government isn't helping much. :P

Well this topic is nice reading I must say. I voted already on this as yes but because I haven't read the topic at first and I voted zes because I though t on the spaceships and stations that already exist. So t check it out. We already have spaceshps.
However we do not have the exact spaceships as they are described in the science fiction books.

However we are developing really fast and because of that we will soon be inclinecd to leave earth and wander around universe. :P :P Which will be really nice I would like to wander around universe and search for new things. Like Captian Jean Luc Picard. Hopefully i have spelled this OK. :P:D

You are so right, i would like to hover around in space for a while in a spaceship to get away from earth and have fun.
Space is the world with no laws. :D

we already have SPACESHIPS. We have space shuttles, rockets etc etc.
We won't have twin plasma engines, but Twin Ion Engines (Yes we'd be making TIE Cruisers).

X-Ray scanners will be completely necessary! 3D Gammatrons (Not sure how to spell it) would be what we need. Also Radar that calculates positions using by triangulating.

16-Inch Plasma cannons won't be necessary! All we'd be needing are Railguns! Yes Railguns! Along with RAILGUNS, we would have MAC (magnetic acceration cannons), Gauss weapons, and coilguns.

We have bedrooms, bathrooms, although no kitchen (they have a thing called 'cupboards')

Why would we need such a thing as titanium? and even more, why would we need wings? I say we make the ship out of carbon nanotubes!

Not space SHUTTLES, space SHIPS you know like ships that float on water, cargo ships but cargo ships that float in space instead of water. :P

I think you are dreaming , actual space ships cannot go further than moon , so ? other planets ? it will need time , and ressources , any they'd better make it quickly cuz the atmosphere is getting worser here and we need a place where to live if something happened to earth