xisto Community
karlo

The Right Web Album/image/photo Album Host? a question regarding the confusion of choosing the right host

Hello, since I can't post to the Internet secion of this forum, I'll post it here. I am still doing my best to get more than 30 credits, right now I only have the halfAnyway alot of our relative uses Flickr (which sucks--limitations) and Kodak photo sharing thingy.Now, me I wanted to be unique at the same time to help other relatives in choosing the right site to upload their pictures of course, with a wonderful features.Can you please help me or recommend me some photo sharing sites, where I can upload my pictures or pictures of our family? If possible, those with some helpful clients, which will help you upload photos, If not, it's OK.I need something like, without the limitation in Flickr, the bandwidht or upload bandwidth thing, something like that. I want something friendly (for them) or unfriendly, like for power users (for me) ...Can you please recommend some? Hoping for your reply... :P

I have a Photobucket account but I do not use it much lately to be honest. My files are still up there it has a handy feature to create folders and make public I think. As for bandwidth restrictions i do think photobucket has any but I'm not 100% sure.

With Photobucket their free account offers 1Gb of space with 25GB of bandwidth and for their paid plan they offer 5GB of space and unmetered Bandwidth. They area good image host, but of course Flickr has become a popular choice over the last couple of years so a lot of people have been jumping to that one a lot. Of course I would have to say that imageshack is one of the few that are unlimited in everything and last I knew they still have that unlimited account, but not to sure since I haven't been using them for a couple of years now.

Thanks for the reply, but I wanted friendly hosts, like flickr etc.. To display pictures, like Picasa .. but I wanted more, something unique, because Flickr is very common. Photobucket, is for people who just wanted to host their images, then post the images onto the forums etc.. much like imageshack.

I have been using flickr for more than a year now but I am not sure whether that is the direction I want to be heading any longer. I intend to host all my images on my server though I am fully aware I may be sacrificing a lot of bandwidth just to load them, but at least I feel safe that my images do not disappear if one day Flickr goes down permanently.

I use Photobucket as my main image host, I also occasionally use ImageFilez for posting in forums.I think Flickr is best for sharing our collections and Photobucket and ImageFilez are great for sharing our images in a forum or blog or our site <_<

you can try picoodle and imagehosting.com you can try its new features.But what i can suggest you most is you can host your photos on any image hoting then create a flash based photo album so you can design its interface and its appearance..

Erm what do you mean 'friendly' hosts? I don't see anything unfriendly about photobucket. Some people use it for posting for forums, but you can actually use it as a photo album. If you want it private, it has a function that allows you to set a password for it so that only people whom you give your password to can view the photos.

No, Photobucket is really horrible. I see "This picture cannot be displayed" lots and lots of time, usually because of Photobucket. I suggest imageshack.us or as Csp4.0 says "Freewebs"

I do host some of my pictures using my hosting account, but because of bandwidth concerns and the number of people to visit Xisto every once in a few seconds, my bandwidth will be used up quickly, I don't trust the smaller image hosts and photobucket (as ashxu said) is pretty unreliable...I still have my (very) old freewebs hosting account up, and so since I get no visitors, I am free to host some of my pictures there :D