xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

Whats The Server?

hey guys, im working with a script, heres the part im trying to figure out:

$gc_do_caching = 0; $gc_cache_time = 3600;
$gc_use_sql = 0;
$gc_sql_server_host = "";

theres a lot more, but its not needed, i wanna know what the sql server host for Xisto is?

hey guys, im working with a script, heres the part im trying to figure out:theres a lot more, but its not needed, i wanna know what the sql server host for Xisto is?

I think in general "localhost" is all that is needed, that of course is assuming that the script is hosted at T17, and if it isnt then i dont think the connection would be allowed by the rules or the firewall anyway. So give "localhost" a shot. Its the default setting for using the host that the script is on so it always works for me! then again i only use it in:

mysql_connect("localhost", "blah", "blah");

but i judge that the variable you are using is going to be used in a connect function anyway and so it should work.

In Xisto, Server: localhost. But make sure you have grant permission to user name to use your database. In Xisto you must grant permission to user so that the specific user can use your database (incase of many host they do not need to grant permission; like my previous host).