xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
newhope

What Do You Think About Valentine Day ?

What do you think about Valentine day ?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Valentine's Day should only be for friendship and togetherness2. Valentine's Day can be for both love and friendship. Just don't make it commercial and push gifts on everyone!!
3. The whole day should be banned. Screw friends and screw love!!
4. Other (write down your self :o)

What about you ?
Plz vote :D

I voted for the 2nd. I can't stand all those cheesy Valentines Day advertisements. Not to mention, they increase the prices of everything from souvenirs to dinners just for that day. I don't understand how people can stand it to be exploited by these commercial entities!

Hmm, Valentines to me, is a day where we not only show those we love, that we love them, if they are family, friends or lovers, its a day where there should be love for everyone. Including mother nature. Soppy I know, but anyways :o♥Evo

I voted for "Valentine's Day should be for both love and friendship. Just don't make it commercial and push gifts on everyone!!" I honestly can't stand Valentine's Day. I mean, those already in a relationship have EVERY day to celebrate what they have. Why make a day that forces the actions of people who aren't in love or anything? What makes it even worse is when the student council at your school decides everybody should have a valentine, and they assign every student with another student at random. Well, obviously it isn't random, since the people on the council (I know, but not friends with, 3 of them) all "randomly" ended up with who they liked. :P In addition, they made assumptions on "who belongs with who". Just out of curiosity I decided to go to giant wall where they had all of the match-ups, and some *BLEEP* on the council put me with this ugly goth female dog. :P One of my friends who's almost as unpopular and antisocial as me ended up with someone similar as well. Overall, I think it should be damn illegal for anyone to match you with someone, especially some program run by a school.What I'm getting down to is that Valentine's Day shouldn't even exist in the first place. It's only for people already in a relationship, and those who are single are completely left out and it makes them (well, me at least...) feel like they have to be dating somebody on Valentine's Day or they fail at life. No, I'm not just jealous of those who have dates and stuff, but to make a love holiday universal in a community just isn't right.

Edited by DSGamer3002 (see edit history)