xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LiveHiFi

Samsung Sch-u740 And Dun Through Cdma!

Posted Image

I managed to configure my samsung sch-u740 flip phone, seen above, to connect to the internet at speeds of about 200kbs, that's 25kbps down for file transfer. I have it rigged up thru USB to be a Dial-Up modem. I can connect and browse the web fully, and I only receive billing for the minutes I am connected. Because my plan has free nights and weekends, I am able to browse the web FREE during the nights and weekends. Great? I think so.

If you are interested, simply head on over to these links, and READ. That's the important part, be sure to absorb all the information before attacking your phone, because getting billed for this stuff is NO fun. Haha.

For SCH-u740

howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1114647&page=7&pp=15

The method seen above works on many phones, and the site above will get you there. They have it all.

zaksenterprises.com/

This site, zaks, will walk you through enabling free mobile internet, that is, the browser included on many phones. I got it working, so imagine anyone else can as well.

I hope this helps you all!

Use my Samsung SCHU740 to dial up phone line for my laptop usb port

Samsung Sch-u740 And Dun Through Cdma!

Is there any way I can use my Samsung SCHU740 cell phone to connect to my laptop via a usb connection as a dialup connection to access Road Runner internet access ... Thanks

-question by Cal J