xisto Community
LiveHiFi

Sony Headphones Low quality?

I can't hate on Sony. I have had only wonderful experience with them. I will say that their higher end stuff is overpriced (it's good, but not $bajilion good). I needed a stereo a while back with a $200 budget (US$), and I checked out every stereo at every store I went to, but for a low-to-mid-priced bookshelf stereo, my $170 CMT-HPZ9 is amazing! I love the sound quality for the price. I have more recently purchased some MDR-XD200 headphones (about $30 I think) and could not be happier. I mean, who puts 40mm speakers in $30 headphones?!I don't own anything else from Sony, but when I go shopping at a mall in a bigger city, I can't help but be drawn into the Sony Style shop (not to mention the Bose store). All I can say is that for a small budget, you can get better than just an illusion of crisp sound.