xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rs redemption

Guide To Killing Aviansies Ever wanted to make a load of money and level ranged?

First of all, I have to say that this topic will only help you out if you are a member, have either 60 strength or agility, have a decent ranged level (I would suggest 65+), a decent prayer level (50+) and at least a little bit of money to throw around to begin with. Honestly, it's really worth it, costs about 50-100k per load, and can easily sell drops for 4-500k per load, so at the minimum about 300k profit per load, which takes me about 1-3 hrs.

First of all, Items Required:

Rope (first time only)

Monk's Robes

Ranged Weapon (I use rune c'bow)

Ammunition of your choice (I use Emerald Bolts (E) because they poison)

Prayer Potions (I suggest ten 4 dose)

Ranged Potions (Not needed, makes training faster, I suggest 2-3 4 dose)

Law Runes (2, for teleporting to Trollheim, Aviansies drop runes to get back)

Fire Runes (252, 250 for alchemy spell, 2 for the teleport)

Nature Runes (50, for alching drops from the aviansies)

Super Restore Potion (When you enter, your stats will be lowered)

God Items, explained below

Ok, so now I am assuming you have all of the above items, except maybe the 'god' items. I'll go ahead and explain them now.

In the God Wars Dungeon, where the Aviansies are located, there are four different factions of monsters, Zamorak, Saradomin, Bandos, and Armadyl. These different factions WILL attack you, unless you are wearing an item representing their god. Personally, i wear a Zamorak coif, Saradomin bracers, and an Armadyl pendant (Obtained from Temple of Ikov quest). The pendant is not as important as the others, as the only Armadyl monsters are the Aviansies, and you want them to attack you. Any prayer book is helpful, as you will need the prayer bonus and when it is for Zamorak or Saradomin, it will count as your god item.

Getting to the God Wars Dungeon:

I recommend teleporting to trollheim, then running past the thrower trolls into the short path that goes north. From there, you can either move the boulder to the north with 60 strength, or squeeze through a crack with 60 agility. Once inside, run south a bit until you start seeing some flying bird-like creatures.

Once you find a few Aviansies, take a sip of your ranging potion, flip on the protect from missiles prayer, and start to attack one. You will notice that some green vines come out of the ground under your opponent if you are using the emerald (e) bolts. This signifies that they are poisoned. The poison will do up to 5 damage at a time. Once you have an aviansie down to about half hits and they are poisoned, pick another one and start attacking it. Keep an eye out for the drops, they drop 4 noted addy bars very common, as well as rune dagger (p+) rune c'bow limbs, herbs, and lots of runes (You will need some of these runes to teleport back, and they sell well) The rune daggers and limbs are especially good for alching, 4800gp for daggers and 9600 for limbs, you will get more than you will be able to carry in one load usually.

Continue fighting the aviansies, using your prayer and ranged potions as necessary, and avoiding the other various monsters meandering around the caves. They aren't aggressive, but if you accidentally attack one, they will fight back. Just kill it quickly or run away for a bit and return. Once you have ran out of prayer potions, make sure to keep an eye on your prayer, and stop attacking new aviansies somewhere around 20% prayer remaining (10-15 points should last long enough for you to finish off any aviansies you are still attacking)

Finally, when you have finished up your aviansies, round up any remaining drops you may have on the ground, then teleport out or run back to the rope and climb out, running to safety.

Now you can either smith your addy bars, or take them to the grand exchange where they will fetch somewhere around 2.3k each. I usually get about 175 kills per load, with between 130 and 200 bars, as well as between 50-100k in cash from alchs, and lots of miscellaneous runes and herbs.

If anyone is interested, I can post up a few drop logs for reference.

Note: I don't know if this should go here, or tutorials forum, also I wrote this for the Xisto forum so I didn't think it needed to be quoted, if I am wrong please let me know, I'm new :o

Here's a drop log of my most recent trip, took only 8 prayer pots so not the best but killed 143 and lasted 1 hr 45 minutes

81600 gp from alchs140 Addy bars480 water runes210 air runes8 law runes22 blood runes3 chaos runesnatures (I took 50, came back with 129)5 rune javelins2 avantoe2 irit1 ranarr weed1 dwarf weedclue scroll

There were also tons of other drops I didn't bother with, body runes, antipoison pots, low level herbs (below rannar)
Edited by rs redemption (see edit history)

Nice guide, I might go and try killing some Aviansies some time. However, I haven't been playing runescape for a while now as I just lost all interest in it.I don't think you have to quote your guide by the way.

tanking??Guide To Killing Aviansies

I go avianses alot...I make 3m plus a trip ... This is because of tanking, for this id recommend torag helm, armadyl pendant, torag legs, saradomin d'hide, accumulator,granite shield,rune c bow,zamorak vampbraces and broad tipped bolts(cheap)/emerald (e) boots depend if you walk or teleport, for walking climbing boots for teleporting dragon boots.. Thisis a good combo if you have 75+ defence and 75+ ranged. The main difference is you use bones to peaches (tabs reccomended)and don't use prayer potions.Use this with the guide above to get serious profit.

heres my last trip result,

1208 adamant bars   4 grimy rannars

lvl 3 clue scroll  

176 blood runes

256 nature runes

ps: nice guide for the prayer method :D