xisto Community
Elessar

Mysql Database Space

How much space does Xisto offer for MySQL database in terms of MB?I need to know because I intend to host a forum for my classmates and it will be a gathering place for us. We are all ex students of a school so the forum will be a handy hangout place to get info and status about each other, since we're all seperated now. So, the forum takes up 150KB in my database and its increasing daily due to increasing number of posts and members. The day will come when it hits the 12 MB database space my current free host offers.So, any input or help is very much appreciated, thank you.

The Hosting space for your Hosting account varies with the plan you are accepted for. The Database Space is calculated and charged against the Account Limits. Trust me, you can accumulate a very extensive Forum with the space the Trap Hosting Accounts offer.

When you log into the Cpanel the menu on the left side tells you all your stats:

Domain name saint-michael.trap17.comHosting package Beta
Subdomains 0 / 99
Parked Domains 0 / 9
Addon Domains 0 / 9
Mysql databases 0 / 99
PostgreSQL Databases 0 / 99
Disk usage 6.83 / 500.00 MB
MySQL Disk usage 0 MB
Disk space available 493.17 MB
Bandwidth (this month) 0.07 / 10240 MB
Email accounts: 0 / 99
Email forwarders: 0 / unlimited
Autoresponders: 0 / unlimited
Email filters 0 / unlimited
Mailing lists: 0 / 99
FTP accounts 0 / 99

MySQL Disk usage is what you would look at to find out how much of your hosting account you have used MySQL wise, but like haslip says it would take a very large forum to start affecting your account. I would say depending what kind of activity your website has that you could have at least 100,000 posts, depending on content, before it would be time to move on to paid hosting. Of course it could be less depending if you put a lot of forum mods or something or if you building a website you could get at least 1000 web pages on your site if your website code is clean and other stuff.