xisto Community
AlphaOfDoom

Site Down-up-down-up [resolved]

Can someone please tell me why my site every once in a while can't connect...then 10 minutes later it works...then another time it goes off again....then works then doesn't work then works then Doesn't work!!!Does this all the time, it is working right now but didn't a few minutes ago..I tried on both my computers, all browsers...It is really making me mad and needs to be fixed so the sites are up all the time !

I think this was happening to me a little while ago, too. I was looking around the forum, and I clicked on someone's link, and it said their page couldn't be displayed. Then I checked mine to see if it was just theirs, and that didn't work, either.Then I checked google to make sure it wasn't just my connection, and that worked. I went back to my site, and that didn't work.Then I looked around the forum for a while again, and when I checked my site again, it was working.I don't know what's going on.

this was also happening to me.i go to my forums one minute, it claims the directory isn't there. i refresh the page, and then they appear!also, i noticed that my domain loads much slower than my subdomain of Xisto - one of my pages with not a lot of content took approx. 30seconds more to load than it used to...

This is also happening to me.1) Cannot connect to FTP2) Cannot connect to cpanel3) Forums do not work- originally it came up with a blank page, now I get the following error:MySQL error: 1040Too many connectionsQuery:Has anyone got any idea what is wrong?My site has been down up down up a while too; in the times FTP connects, it decides to disconnect after a few mins. Sometimes, when I click a php file link to do something on my site, it comes up with a box asking whether I want to download that file..And for some reason, it said I had used 490MB of diskspace, yet just yesterday it said I had 200MB spare...

Yea, my site has been doing that too... being up for a couple seconds when I'm not looking, cause it registers a new hit or two every so often (but tons less then it should be), and then it's down whenever I try it myself.

Though I did notice for a little time, my second site - which I pay for through Xisto - Web Hosting - went down and nearly every server that is run through them was down at that time, but now it seems to all be working except for the one server (gamma)... where my Xisto hosted site is on, so I'm guessing that's where all your sites are probably on too.

To check the network status, I go to this page:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not sure if you've all seen it before or not.

Though I'm not sure if it will help you in this case, because we know it's a problem with many sites... but when I don't know if it's just my site having a problem, I like to check that page to see if there's anything wrong with the network (then I know it wasn't me that broke something :o) Other than that, it will give you the head's up on what parts of the server are currently online - though they are changing so frequently right now, it's probably not really going to make a difference.

A ha!

The servers are back up, except for gamma's MYSQL! That must be why I get the following error:

MySQL error: 2002Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:

When will MYSQL be back up?

Glad its all sorted out, thanks!
Edited by A200 (see edit history)

I just checked again and everything on the gamma server is completely online now... Let's hope whatever the problem was is now solved :o

I'm still getting the MySQL errors, and I can't login to my cpanel even though I have 7 credits. I did hit -4 today, but that was hours ago. If I can't login because of my credits, then why am I getting a mySQL error? Looks like everyone's having these problems, so hope it's all fixed soon.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.