xisto Community
Amiel

My Site Wont Show Up Help

Hi,I'm new in this hosting service but I have an experience in handling a site. First off, my problem is my site is not showing up. Even though I have the things settled. The only thing I did is that I delete some numerous files in my FTP because I dont know how to delete my SMF forums because when I want to give more scripts that are installed in Fantastico a try; so I delete some files and folders there wishing that could help in deleting SMF.If I've deleted some files and folders, then maybe that's the problem. But I'm not sure what to do right now. Could some admin renew my hosting account? It's messed. Or could someone here in forums could help me out? I need my site to be launched as soon as possibleThanks,Amiel

Your hosting account, by default, has the following folders in it:

.cpanel

.cpanel-datastore

.cpcpan

.fantasticodata

.gnupg

.htpasswds

.MirrorSearch

.neomail

.spamassassin

.sqmaildata

.trash

cgi-bin

etc

logs

mail

public_ftp

public_html

ssl

tmp

The only one you really use is public_html. All your files should go in there. If you have deleted any of the folders on that list then I am afraid you may have caused some serious damage to your hosting account. All of the hidden folders (ones starting with a .) are hidden for a reason - most of them contain configuration data and setup information that you need to keep your account running.

There are also a few files in your root directory:

.contactemail

.contactsavetime

.cpanel-ducache

.filter

.ftpquota

.lastlogin

.mailboxlist

.rnd

error_log

Deleting any of those is also a bad idea. Again, they contain information used by the server and configuration data.

If you have deleted any of those folders or files then list here what you've deleted (by comparing against the lists above) to see if it is recoverable. If not then you will most likely have to terminate your hosting and reapply - that has been the only option in the past.

Your hosting account, by default, has the following folders in it:

The only one you really use is public_html. All your files should go in there. If you have deleted any of the folders on that list then I am afraid you may have caused some serious damage to your hosting account. All of the hidden folders (ones starting with a .) are hidden for a reason - most of them contain configuration data and setup information that you need to keep your account running.

There are also a few files in your root directory:

Deleting any of those is also a bad idea. Again, they contain information used by the server and configuration data.

If you have deleted any of those folders or files then list here what you've deleted (by comparing against the lists above) to see if it is recoverable. If not then you will most likely have to terminate your hosting and reapply - that has been the only option in the past.

Oh my, I need to check my Trash Can if the files are still there. But if they're not there, the sad thing again is I will terminate my account and re-apply for the 3rd time.

[Edit: My account has missing files, what should I do now?]

Edited by Amiel (see edit history)

[Edit: My account has missing files, what should I do now?]

That depends on what you've deleted, but it is very likely you'll need to terminate your hosting and reapply. I would wait and see if the admins have any solutions, but unfortunately I think terminating and reapplying is the only solution.

That depends on what you've deleted, but it is very likely you'll need to terminate your hosting and reapply. I would wait and see if the admins have any solutions, but unfortunately I think terminating and reapplying is the only solution.

Owww, that's bad, if there's no solution then I'll be needing 30 Hosting Credits again and then I'll reapply again. :o *Sigh...

[Ok, I need things to be fast, so I terminate my account and reaaply again for the 3rd time]
Edited by Amiel (see edit history)