xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blarg

P.e. Class

I take gym like most students in High School and they make you wear uniforms and the whole picture and what not. Many kids today thogh, including myself, struggle with their weight and how to stay fit and how to keep up with other students. My life really snapped into perspective when I couldn't run the mile in under 10 minutes. When I was in Middle School I could, but when I reached the Hihg School level I was shocked that I had lost control that much of my weight. Today, I run 3 Miles with my dog before school and do 100 Sit-Ups before bed and I can run the mile in 7:21 To all kids out there who are stuggling hold on. It took me 1 year to peel off over 50 punds of weight and for once I looked down in the shower and could see my feet. I'm so proud of myself that I took charge and put a leash on my weight. I recommend the following:1) Get a good nights sleep. Being active takes energy.2) Instead of Fries get a salad. Tastey and Healthy.3) Aviod school food. Pack your lunch instead.4) Establish a work-out schedule. IE: 1 Mile every morning and 50 sit-ups at night.5) Have a friend exercise with you. Working out alone is much harder than doing it with a friend.6) Buy a calendar and set weight targets each week. Seeing is believing.7) Dont be intimidated. Any one can lose weight.8) NEVER give up. If your side hurts stop running and go to a steady jog until you can pick yourself back up.9) Only drink 1 soda per week and drink atleast 1 bottle of water per day. Recommend that you drink two.10) ONce you reach your goal keep healthy, DO NOT fall back.

I know what you mean. I haven't had weight trouble for the past few years, but in middle school I was fat. Honestly I was just flat out fat. I got on a program similar to yours though and now Im bone skinny. My nickname was Twig after I lost the weight. I have more energy and I just want to be out and active. I dont feel weighed down. Im light and floaty and my calf muscels are ripped from carrying my weight before compared to what they are carrying now!

I take gym like most students in High School and they make you wear uniforms and the whole picture and what not. Many kids today thogh, including myself, struggle with their weight and how to stay fit and how to keep up with other students. My life really snapped into perspective when I couldn't run the mile in under 10 minutes. When I was in Middle School I could, but when I reached the Hihg School level I was shocked that I had lost control that much of my weight. Today, I run 3 Miles with my dog before school and do 100 Sit-Ups before bed and I can run the mile in 7:21 To all kids out there who are stuggling hold on. It took me 1 year to peel off over 50 punds of weight and for once I looked down in the shower and could see my feet. I'm so proud of myself that I took charge and put a leash on my weight. I recommend the following:
1) Get a good nights sleep. Being active takes energy.
2) Instead of Fries get a salad. Tastey and Healthy.
3) Aviod school food. Pack your lunch instead.
4) Establish a work-out schedule. IE: 1 Mile every morning and 50 sit-ups at night.
5) Have a friend exercise with you. Working out alone is much harder than doing it with a friend.
6) Buy a calendar and set weight targets each week. Seeing is believing.
7) Dont be intimidated. Any one can lose weight.
8) NEVER give up. If your side hurts stop running and go to a steady jog until you can pick yourself back up.
9) Only drink 1 soda per week and drink atleast 1 bottle of water per day. Recommend that you drink two.
10) ONce you reach your goal keep healthy, DO NOT fall back.

good job man
i went thru something similar.
about two years ago, i just started feeling like i was being treated as a second class person because of my weight, so i decided enough talk and went on a hardcore diet... i dropped about 60 lbs in 9 months. But i went to far... people told me i looked bony and pale.... i was pretty much anorexic.
now, almost two years after my initial weight loss began, my net loss is somewhere between 30-40 lbs, and i look just as healthy as ever (most of the weight gained in the last year was muscle). I still struggle some with not obsessing over what i eat and falling back into anorexia, but i'm doin alright.

good job though man, people don't realize how much being overweight as a child changes your life.
and the key to staying fit is making lifelong changes, and not going back to your old self once you've reached your goal.