xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
indrazam

Po.gs PO.GS hosting topic...

I just wanted to start a topic about one of the web hosters not mentioned in this website. Po.gs is a website hosting service which offers 500MB hosting with 2GB bandwidth...

Here is the complete Po.Gs hosting spec (from their site):

Scripting: Each account is equipped to run PHP, SHTML and Perl CGI scripts with its own private cgi-bin. A number of useful CGI scripts including form-to-email, guest book, bulletin board, counter and whois are included free of charge.

FrontPage2000 Extensions: FrontPage 2000 extensions can be installed enabling you to take advantage of the dynamic features and publication wizard in Microsoft's web page authoring software.

Graphical Web Stats: View usage statistics for your website, see how many people are visiting your site, where they come from, what search keywords they use to find you and more.

Customised Error Pages: Replace the standard, uninformative page not found message with a customised page of your choice encouraging surfers to stay on your site when an error occurs.

Password Protection: Restrict access to areas of your site, configure as many username/password combinations as you desire.

MySQL Database: Create and manage your own mySQL database.

POP3 & SMTP Mailbox Access: Send and receive email using a mail client such as Microsoft Outlook, or use our own WebMail facility.

Mail Virus Scanning: Your mail is scanned for viruses at the point of entry into our network. New virus definitions are checked for and updated automatically ensuring that no virus bearing email can make it to your inbox.

Control Panel: Manage all aspects of your free web hosting account in real time using our easy to use web based control panel.

Ok...

The problems:

They do not allow instand account activation (I hate that, but I guess its to reduce spammers from getting in).

They ONLY allow 1 mysql database account.

They dont have java support like Xisto.

My Opinion:

Well... I have a website hosted with them and I've been having a hosting this website for 3 years (or more) and nothing wrong yet! Fast servers (very fast), good uptime (very good) and I like the 500MB space!

So, give it a try. I will give my view on Xisto a little later (once I actually get hosted here).

Thanks

Notice from Kubi:
Nice try. Taken from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; make sure you quote your sources. Warning issued.

Any idea if they have mod_rewrite on?Seem like a "same-old" hosting site that we've seen on the net in the past years (like 100mb , 95mb, etc) that proves worthless if you are planning on developing a php site.Just my 2 cents :P