xisto Community
Rikusuke

My Life Is Gone

Well recently my girl friend broke up with me because we had many differences and now I don't know what to do. I've been so depressed I haven't been able to concentrate in school or do my homework. My parents are starting to get on my case about how my grades are coming out and they keep grounding me for weeks at a time where I can't play any of my games or anything. I mean I'm trying my best but nothing is working out for me. What can I do to fix this? I've tried studying harder even under deep depression and nothing is making my parents happy. It's like I'm just a toy that needs to be harassed and played with.

When somebody breaks up with you, you should realize, that the reason for the break up is because you two can't be together for the rest of your life, if that's the case then why waste time with someone who will only end up as nothing more than a friend? Nobody here on Earth can ever be with you forever, and you should always be ready for a loss (even though it is hard), but when you have nobody here, Jesus is always waiting and will be with you forever. I wish you the best of luck on getting out of your depression and I will pray for you. Above all, don't do anything you'll regret later (such as cutting, or attempting suicide), please.

Edited by t3jem (see edit history)

I would never do anything to hurt my self in real life. I'm trying my best to get my grades in school back up. I've been working hard by staying up most of the night studying for my finals in school. Sometimes I get bored but I live through it knowing that I will try to make my parents happy for me again. Right now they really don't give a *BLEEP* about me, like they just put so much pressure on me that I have to take pills just to keep my depression down. Sometimes my life gets so complicated I don't even understand who I am anymore. But I would never do anything to hurt my self or anything of that sort.

You may need to contact a Counselling Service or some such thing.Since you are a Student, It might be a good spot to start by contacting a Counseller at the school, or a trusted Tesacher.No doubt the break-up has affected you, and your parents need to be aware of the impact it is having on you.Best of luck to you. Stay in touch and be sure to keep us posted.

My Aunt and Uncle decided to let me stay with them for a couple of weeks so I can calm down a tad bit. My parents have been pressuring me a lot lately and I think this will be good for me. My Aunt and Uncle love me enough to let me stay by them. They are on the phone with my parents right now arguing because my mom and dad want me home studying for the weekend and I won't go home. I'm scared that my dad is going to come over here and drag me out of my Aunt and Uncles house and bring me home. Right now my stress level isn't as bad as it was before because I am with my friends right now.

You should just tell your parents how you are feeling right now. Hopefully they will understand.With your depression thing, you should go to your school's counseling teacher or someone you really trust or your life partner. You should remember that there is a reason for everything, if you and your girlfriend broke up because you were too different to her than you should know that there always should be a person that is right for you. Try not to repress your emotions, let them out (but don't go over the top). Just try to do your homework and stuff and do something that you enjoy doing. Your depression should slowly go away. My grandfather passed away recently and I am trying to get over that. I just try to think of something happy tat will take away the pain and sorrow...Remember... You can't just live, you need something to live for. And no matter what happens DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE! don't even think about it! You'll get over it. I'm sure you would... Just hang in there and everything should go back to normal

I have tried many times to reason with my parents and tell them how I feel and everything. They just won't listen to me and all they want me to do is try harder and harder. I'm trying my best yet they don't understand my feelings yet and they just cause my to be depressed more than I already am. Thats why I stay at my Aunt and Uncles house all the time because I'm starting to despise my parents even though I still love them. I've been seeing an in school therapist and he isn't helping me at all. All the therapist ever says is, "How does that make you feel." It just makes me even more angry than I already am. Maybe if people in my town would take my feelings into consideration then everything would be alright with me. I wouldn't be depressed all the time and be so angry with my parents. If only they cared enough for my feelings. :o

I just did a psyhology class and I learnt that sleep deprivation -> aka staying up most of the night, is really bad for your health. It affects your mood and concentration, and it is probably worsening the depression you have. It is good to channel your efforts into something else to distract you, but make it a healthy one e.g. sports, getting to know more people etc. I'm not saying studying is unhealthy, but forcing yourself to stay up late to study is bad. Adopt a healthier lifestyle by sleeping early every day. You'll have the time and energy to devote to studying in the day, and you'll be able to absorb so better so that you don't need the night for the extra time. Life is really about being happy and comfortable with yourself. It can be as simple as having a healthy lifestyle. When you're happy and healthy, you won't even feel the pressure from your parents so much, and you'll be able to do better so you can satisfy your parents too. Good luck!

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

It's actually tough to have the only people whom you're supposed to run to in case you have problems have issues with you. I know you're going through a lot right now, especially with your recent breakup. Moving on from a previous relationship would be difficult if you don't have anyone beside you to comfort you.There could be a lot of things to consider why your parents act that way towards you. Maybe your parents expect a lot from you that's why they give you that kind of pressure when it comes to your studies. From the way you described things, it seems that you lack communication with your parents. You feel more comfortable being in your own Aunt's or Uncle's house instead of your own because you feel pressured in your own home. You distance yourself even more instead of coming to them and telling them what's been bugging you all this time.Whatever it may be, you should approach your parents and honestly tell them about your problem. While they may not be able to help you with your love problem, they could always assist you when you have problems with your studies. Don't be afraid to approach them, but do it in a way that they won't get offended as if you're losing your respect for them.With regards to your love problem, don't sweat it too much. I'm pretty sure there are other girls out there that you'll meet and probably even better than your ex. You're young. Don't make too much of a big deal about it. Enjoy your life first.

If my parents ever took my feelings seriously I would be a lot better. They never listen to what I have to say, it's just like I'm a puppet for them to control that no one really cares about. I wish they would actually take the time to actually listen to what I have to say instead of expecting great things from me. My Aunt and my Uncle are the only ones who really understand who I really am. They listen to what I have to say and they care for me a lot to let me stay with them. They don't approve of my parents toying with my emotions like they have been doing for the past two years. Sometimes I think my parents will understand who I really am and what I want.