xisto Community

Is Hacking Legal? And What Is Legal To Hack? Is hacking Legal? And what is legal to hack?

Cyber laws are different for different countries.In India the laws are strict but implimentation is weak.No public awareness is available about hacking.So the question is,Is hacking allowed and legal, and if not legal then what kind of hacking is legal? For example, hacking your own machine or free hacking website,etc. What is the play ground to learn and spread legal hacking methods and from where? thank you.

Well, there is a hacker, and an ethical hacker. an ethical hacker is hired by a company to try to hack into the company's.. company.. haha. they are paid to find out their flaws, and how to secure. A hacker is someone who just does it for the hell of it, or to gain information.You ARE allowed to hack your network, if it is yours, but you arn't allowed to hack anybody else's network, THAT is illegal, unless you have permission

Hacking is a widely-misconstrued term.It's the act of achieving a goal with something by using it in a non-traditional way... basically, using it as a tool that it wasn't designed for.You hack things in life everyday and not even realize it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but improvisation is basically hacking. Think of a paper clip. How many ways can you use a paper clip? (If you're not thinking of holding papers together, you're already hacking.)Now, hacking and legality... Depending on what you're hacking and the terms of service/policy that comes with the product that you are hacking, it may or may not be legal. This is why many companies, before offering you services, provide you with lots of fine print that we all know and love as the Terms of Service (ToS). And you know how we read those documents... if at all. :) It's there not to prevent you from doing things (physically, anyway; but it gives you less of an incentive to do it since it would be a breach of contract), but it entitles them to the ability to cease product and service to you if you breach that contract.So really, it all lies within the terms and conditions that you agree to before utilizing the product or service. Read the fine print. :)

Well, I think that it is obvivious that hacking your own property is legal, as you do not harm anyone else but yourself if you do something wrong and you can only gain the ifnormation you already have :) Also it is basic knowledge that stealing is forbidden in each and every country around the world and hacking with the intention of gaining information is basicaly the same as stealing. As far as the prevention of hacking is concerned, things have changed a lot in the last few years! Mostly because of the all sorts of money-stuff you can do on the internet and there was a greater need for security. I remember, when I was a boy, I was stupid and had fun putting trojans on people's computers and then enjoying the scenery of their desktop :) I have never stolen anything, but what I am trying to say is that so many years ago it was possible to do that...Today, each and every windows machine has an antivirus program, most of the people also have a spyware blocker of somekind and I think it is far far harder to get into someone's computer using for exmaple a trojan...But what has changed? For one thing, internet providers are monitoring people's activity and are able to spot any hacking activity a lot easier than in the past. BUT the most important thing is that people became more aware of the problem..

Like it was mentioned above hacking is legal in the sense that your protecting your own systems and seeing how secure it is, most businesses set up a system that is seperate but still mimics it. Then that way their black/white hats can go all out on that computer just see what could be done in order to create some problems.However, the most common form of computer hacking is illegal because then people are just trying to destroy info, gather secrets, and gather personal info. So the fine line of computer hacking is a tricky one just as long as your not affecting anyone outsid what you plan to do.

Yes,it is wright.The cyber laws are different in different countries.It entirely depends on the cyber secure of the country. TO be frank, hacking can be said as simple practice.It drives similar to our bike riding.i.e if you riding your bike at a speed of 60,then you tries for 70.If you done it, then you take a chance for 80's, else you try it once again.This is how similar hacking is.practice hacking to learn,but dont learn to hack is a simple statement which had a great meaning behind it.There are two types of hackers,white hat hackers and black hat hackers.The name gives the complete meaning about their hacking profession.White hat hacker is one who is appointed by the company to test the security provided by the company and to check all the loop holes.He can be considered as a legal hacker.Black hat hacker is a stranger who tries to steal information from remote areas.His acts are considered to be illegal.He is very dangerous and makes the computer to turn in to zombies.

-i agree with al of u guys,,as long we can take responbility for act ,,or may say ..we know what we do,,so they hack everything not only in internet..its all about cross the limit of knows..they curious is more than normal people and had amazing spirit to learn something and hacked-cracked never stop untill they done ..i think like that,,about legality is depend what they hack...some defacer web also got thanks for the owner web couze they given sign board with deface ..tell that no security in web,,ask him to patch..they only deface one page or just edit news topic ,,imagine if some one deleted all ur web files...?,,,