xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

Torcs! The Open-source Race Car Simulator

TORCS is definitely a game worth taking a look at if you like racing games. It's most likely not for you die-hard nascar fans, because it is not a simulator in that sense. You will not get behind the wheel as a familiar driver. That is, unless, you change that. TORCS is Open Source, so if you can program, you can edit the game to do what you want it to do. The graphics are not the prettiest, but they aren't completely awful either, so the gameplay is unaffected by that. The game comes with quite a few tracks and cars too choose fro, standard, plus there are a few map packs and car packs to download. In addition, a Track Editor comes with the game's Download (although track editing is more complicated than in some other games) I'll try to keep you guys updated with more information on teh game as I get more familiar with it myself :)

Take a look at the game here: http://torcs.sourceforge.net/