xisto Community
Watermonkey

Snowfall Totals This Year So Far How much snow have you had and how much is still standing?

Snowfall totalSnowfall Totals This Year So Far

In West Baldwin, ME in 2009, we got about a foot of snow and right now 2010 to date a foot. We haven't received as much snow as we did in 2008-2009.

We couldn't even see out of our house windows. My grandchildren loved it. I had my granddaughter and grandson sleep over one weekend and it we had a northeastern that night. They woke up the next morning, which the snow finished off covering up our windows, and they came running into my bedroom yelling, "nana, bumpie, we are buried in". I laughed and said, "what are u both talking about?" They both told my boyfriend and I to come here. So, we followed them to the kitchen and they showed us that the snow had literally blocked all of the house windows up. All around the house. My boyfriend and I just stood there laughing so hard. They started crying thinking that we couldn't get out of the house. So, my boyfriend opened the door and wow, the snow just came tumbling in the house and he had to shovel the snow back out of the house. The kids wanted to help their bumpie so they got teaspoons and started shoveling the snow back outside. It was just too cute to watch these two little ones (3 and 4 yrs old) shoveling with teaspoons trying to get all the snow that had fallen into the house back outside. We got about 4 feet of snow on 2008-2009. The kids had a grand ole time that year. Well, I had to share that story with u all. God Bless Everyone and stay warm if your not in the tropics and if your in the tropics, I am jealous. Take Care Everyone and don't forget to pray for our Troops safety while serving our Country and getting home safely to their families soon.

-reply by Bobbi