xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Computer Engineers Without Programming Can they Survuive ?

Hello friends this its the basic question which strikes every computer engineer when they are in their acadecmic studies.They start to program and some really love it and some hate it . It is not that they hate it but they dont understand it andso they dont want it. It is obvious that some thing that some one dont understand they will not be intrested in.There are certain others that they understand programming but not to the core . So they try to Jump into other field of computers like NEWORKING , HARDWARE etc. But some say there too you need to have programming.So the real confision now among the computer engineers in their learning process is, is there other option other than programmingin the field of computer science.But now i start my debate here saying yes there are many other fields and i expect you too to debate focussing on your viewsand let the confusion among the computer science student be clear.Now i take my case as an example and i want to debate on this topic. I Basically im a computer science student and i started learning programming i found that it is intresting , but om the learning process i came across the FIELD HARWARE AND NETWORKING and i found that that is still more intresting than programmingSo i started involving myself more in that rather than in programming.But what happened was that after some time though i had some knowledge about programming i was unable to write a program individuallySo i really made up my mind to Jump into networking.AH..this is the time when i was introduced to Management studies regaring computers. There is a Management Course withrespectto computer and there we are not gonna deal Core Technical stuff. But regarding overall stuff about computers we study.And it is MBA in Computer management .So there is also many other management courses which holds good with Computer science.So my conclusion is that a computer enggineer+Management studies can make oneself releieved from programming and more over it can take oneself to greater heights.So thats it you can decide for yourself.Are you a comp. engg. but not good in programming ? still wanna survive ? here is thatopputunitry .

I tend to think that anyone who claims to be a computer engineer should understand coding. Knowing how to code and understanding code are different. If they can understand the underlying theory of programming, then in my opinion it's not too important for them to be overly proficient in any languages. Of course, if you understand the theory behind programming it's not as if it's hard to learn a new programming language (or so everyone I've met has told me, I only know C and I'm still learning C++). As far as management positions go, I think it's important for the manager to understand the job that those working under them are doing, so that the manager can ask for and receive reasonable results. Understanding is not the same as being able to do the same job, but it's still important.

If you are computer engineer, then it is not necessary that you should know programming languages. You can make your career in Networking field. Networking is the best option who don't want to go for programming. And the students who wants to make their career in management then they can opt for MBA in IT. But I tell you netwoking is much more easier than coding.

Ha ha I've asked myself this same question many times over - is it possible to justify yourself as a computer engineer without being good at programming?! I haven't found the answer myself, because I'm interested in some aspects of programming (those pertaining to web designing). However, some parts of computer engineering do not require a sound knowledge of programming. You will still find that a basic knowledge is most certainly required no matter which type of work you choose to do. Being able to understand code may not always help you out, so being able to modify it yourself may help you out of a few sticky situations. Coding can get confusing and irritating at times, but once you understand it patiently, you'll be richly rewarded :)