xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djstarskream

Fruity Loops Tutorials-arpiggeator learn to use an arpiggeator giving stunning mellodys to bland chords

help or not  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Software/Fruity loops.

Tutorial covering / arpiggeator

VST Used / Nexus (you can use nearly all other VST plugins as most if not all of them have a built in arpiggeator)

Tutorial level / Begginer-Intermedeate/

Files /arp piano+chord.mp3/arp alone.mp3/no arp piano+chord.mp3/arp piano low.mp3/no arp piano alone.mp3/arp tutorial midi.mid/

you can obtaine the midi file here

midi.zip

---------------------------------------

you can obtaine the mp3 files here

arp_piano_tutorial.zip

---------------------------------------

Welcome to my tutorial on the effect called arpiggeator.

the arpiggeator/arp is a term used to describe the steps that you can assign to a set of chords giving the chords more life.

example below files of a piano chord set.mp3 and the same piano chord set but put through and arpiggeator.

the difference as you can hear is the added note's that play over the corse of the chords length so to look at it in a simpler way

as the chords play the arpiggeator add's more note that are related to the chord note's positions within the piano roll.

now that I have described the arpiggeator effect I am going to try and teach you how to set it up within Nexus(please remember that

although that I used nexus for this tutorial you can follow this tutorial whilst using other VST plugins as they all follow pretty much the same

principle for the arpiggeator setup.)

take note to the image bellow

Posted Image

in the image above you can see the arpiggeator setting within nexus. first I am going to describe what the highlighted setting does.

Yellow / quite clearly the ON OFF setting (this is used to switch on or off the arpiggeator effect.)

Pink/ The mode of step (This is used to assignee the step (the step is in simple terms what make the arpiggeator effect ascend or descend within the arp effect)

Green/ Octave's (this setting allows you to chose the distance through the octave scale that the chords travel/an octave scale is a note that is set 8 notes apart from the predecessor

for example in a middle C octave scale you would begin with the key Middle C and ascend or descend 8 notes to stop at another C note giving you an Octave scale.)

Blue/ Speed this gives you the opportunity to allow the arpiggeator effect to travel fast through the chords giving more notes or slower giving less notes.(EG when it refers to speed it doesn't

mean that it will run through the chord sequence at a faster or slower speed it simply mean's that it will play more notes if set to a faster speed or less notes if set to a slower speed.)

White/this is the preset setting in this option you can set a standard arpiggeator effect that comes preset into the VST plugin.

Red/this is the table where you basically tell your arpiggeator effect what it is going to do.

Example

in this image below I setup the table (highlighted in red) to play high notes in the arp giving you

this effect (arp piano/arp_piano_alone.mp3)

as you can see in the picture below I have moved all the notes that sat atop the table (highlighted in red) and placed them at the bottom of the table doing this will give you

Posted Image

this effect (arp low /arp_piano_low.mp3)

so in effect everywhere that there was a not set atop the table it now being set at the bottom of the table plays a low note instead of its original high note.

Posted Image

whilst there are several setups that you can preassign to the arpiggeator I personally prefer to play around with the table setup and see what comes out of it in the end.

well that about cover the arpiggeator for any further questions please post below thank you.

please note that all material created for this tutorial was created by myself for the intention of this tutorial it is copyrighted to myself but I give permission to use this material

only for the use in combination with this tutorial you are not given permission to publish any works presented within this tutorial as your own material.

Please helpFruity Loops Tutorials-arpiggeator

Is there a way to plug notes into the piano roll ? Notes like A and a minor and such and have them played in a sequencer...If so how can we do it?

-question by mrs rocky