xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Custergrant

Key Sounds In Text Box On Webpage Typing Key sounds when keys are pressed

Hey guys! :) I've been conducting some research over the last couple of years and have come to a phase that I need to put up an online instructory course. It's hardly a website, but it'll consist of a text box where users are to write a sentence provided to them and while they type, as the keys are pressed, corresponding .wav files will play. Much like a keyboarding class, a set of sentences and sounds have already been pre-made to specifications...I've been told that I need to do this in Flash, but I don't know any whatsoever. It's a very simple project with all of the raw material made, I just need someone who can put these together, a simple key-action command. Would anyone be willing to do this? I'd gladly put you in the research.

You don't require Flash to do it, but it would make things appear a whole lot more stable, since the Flash movie will include all the sounds needed. You can produce the same effect with JavaScript, but that would require preloading all of the sounds. I, unfortunately, do not have access to any Flash production software, and i am uncertain how to go about it in JavaScript. I can research a few things for JavaScript if you want, but i can't make any promises.