xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Revan

Successfully Installing Joomla [resolved] Has anyone done it?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone around here has successfully installed Joomla on their Xisto web space. If so, what was your solution to the session save path dilema? I attempted to make a custom php.ini with no luck and also attempted to edit the htaccess.txt file. All of these solutions yielded no result, my session save path is still not set, and I can't properly install Joomla 1.0.13. Should I try using 1.5 RC4? I doubt that would matter, any advice or help is greatly appreciated :) .Edit: Feel free to close this topic, I opted to use fantastico and it is brilliant, thanks Xisto!

Edited by Revan (see edit history)

Are you using the pre-installer script at all or uploading all the files and installing it that way? As the pre-installer seems to work fine as I have installed it several times before with no problems; however, if your doing it by scratch maybe this solution might work if you haven't tried already.

So here's how I just solved the session path unwritable problem with a new joomla install. Could not login to admin backend until this was sorted out.
Created a folder/directory called sessions, [ you could use any name like /tmp etc ], chmodded to 777.

Added this line the very top of the joomla globals.php file after the php line. You will have to adjust the path to match your own installation of course. :

Code:

<?php
ini_set('session.save_path','/home/yourownsitename/public_html/sessions');

Worked for me.

Also this website provides some solutions, that I would assume you tried as well. I looked at the sessions_save path in the php.ini file it says no value which means that it is disable or it's blank, but either way if you install joomla through fantastico it works fine, but if you don't want to go that route see if these idea's work if you haven't tried them already.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.