xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebear

What Do You Think About My Layout-image?

Hello. So I made this layout image, and I would like to hear what you think about it. I did not spend to much time, but some. Most of the time was used to find images, and apply a vintage effect. I think it came out okey, but that is my opinion. I am not to good with photoshop, and you can say that it looks a bit "piczo-ish". Haha, new word. :)

Anyway, I can say that the "theme" is a bit related to poverty, and such things. I am not quite happy about the blending some places. It is quite different from old ones I have made, that where full off celebs and such things. (Yup, even more "piczo-ish.")
I had some brushes on it, but I did something wrong when I was adding the color bubbles, so they kind of disappeared. :)

Click the link below
Click here. =)

Personally I like it a lot. It is very tastefully done. I do have 2 concerns tho.

The quote about fairness mid-left is a little difficult to read. Perhaps you could sharpen up the text somewhat. You might space the leading just a bit further apart. The lines seem a little too cramped together.

The other concern is the spacing at the top. The step down menu is really unique, but leaves a lot of empty space as you move from left to right. Do you have any plans to do something to fill in this area?

Also I think if you added some kind of border 1px or so not too dark around the image it will look abit nicer. or even add a drop shadow around it so it dosent look as though it blends in as much with the background.Good job