xisto Community
Damen

Postcard Project! Need your guys CC

Well to make the text short, I am doing a project for my Graphic Design class, (from which I believe I know FAR more in graphic design that my teacher..), and the project is to make a completely legit postcard. We must have the following things on it.

Front:

Collage, eight photos exactly.

Name of place.

(I took upon myself to raise that stardard, to a border,background, picture borders and what not)

Back:

Barcode.

Printing press name.

Divider line.

On right side:

Postage place marker.

Lines for: to(name),address,city,state, and zip.

On left side:

Enticing clause about the location.

Place for personal message.

I will go over all of these requirements of course because I don't really like to go under the standards and would rather see what I can come up with.

Here is what I have so far for the front. I haven't started on the rear side yet. All of these photos are from NZ, in or around Auckland. The other two photos are of a friend, the one I am planning on sending it to. Some may know her from that little flash movie I made for her, and she is still in the hospital so this makes me happy to make it for her and get my mind off the worries.

Front side is in attachment.

Back side will be posted when I start on it.

What I need from you guys here is just some overall feedback of how you like it so far, the good the bad and the ugly of it.

This is going to my best friend so I want it to be perfection times a million.

Thanks guys!

post-41342-1199841573_thumb.jpg

Wow, it is put together very nicely and I like it alot. I think one thing that you could do though, it is the sunset picture underneath the city picture seems to be hidden too much and it pretty much hides it; however, other than that, it's an awesome post card.

Thanks t3jem!I agree with you and I have been thinking about how to arrange all of the photos with most of them viewable. The one you are talking about is a panorama so it's difficult. It is quite easy for me to move the photos around in ANY position with a click and drag so I am sure I will find a suitable position for them all!Thanks again!

The style and design you have gone for is excellent. Like t3jem said, the positions of the photos needs a bit of fine tweaking to get them all looking their best. The panoramic picture could definitely be shown off a bit more. You could rotate the cityscape just a bit back towards horizontal, then move it into the empty space in the top left (under the text). The picture in the top right, of the mountain, has its central focus (the mountain) mostly covered up. You could rotate the waterfall the other way to reveal more of the mountain. Who knows - they're just my suggestions and I can't tell what they would look like.Most people would consider what you have done as finished, but as you say, you want perfection times a million, so I'd spend a bit of time repositioning the photos just to see if there is a better way to organise them. Depending on how easy it is, you could move all the photos off the canvas, and drag them back on. I've found that sometimes I work better with a 'clean canvas' than tweaking the design, and it can bring out ideas you never thought of.Again, absolutely brilliant work :)