xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guitar22891

Panasonic 150in Plasma!

http://gizmodo.com/341633/holy-crap-first-150-inch-plasma-photos

Panasonic finally dropped the curtain on their 150-inch Lifescreen Plasma, and its a beauty. Panasonic did a good job of keeping the TV under wraps until now. Once the curtain dropped, the photographers flocked and the plasma was drowned in flashes. It's amazing how much more immersive the plasma is even compared to Panasonic's 103-inch TV. Movie theaters should start to worry. Check out the video and gallery of the 4096x2160 resolution display and prepare to drool like we did at first glance.

Wow thats awsome! does anyone know how much that thing will cost? I'm guessing its going to be the most expensive TV on the market since its so big. Imagine playing all your favourte games and watching your movies on that... Installing the thing would be a bit of work too and you wouldnt be able to move it around lol. Maybe your walls would give in to its weight?

Yeah, I actually saw a report on that on TV a few hours ago.I was barely paying attention and caught the words "150" ... television" and thought "Holy %$@#!"Then I started paying attention to the TV, although by the time I'd looked over it was all shots of the Television alone, which makes it hard to get an appreciation for the actual size of when viewed on a 19" television.But when I saw the pictures in the link of the author's postWhere a person is standing beside the Television...-That's- where a true appreciation for the size can come from.

A lot of those comments were pretty funny. :) Plasma doesn't really excite me a heck of a lot anymore. I've seen LCD HDTVs that are much cheaper and very close to if not on par with actually-comparable visual quality. DLP is starting to look pretty good too. :)

First Movie theater's will never be threaten by large screen like this, because of the fact these TV are the price of a brand new car and most people wouldn't risk that kind of cash on a TV like that. The second thing is that people still go out to see movies just because it is a fun activity, and or someone is bootlegging a movie :). As for plasma tv's they are to high maintenance to keep running especially the screen, and on top of that price as well makes them expensive to buy as well. The next is that you would have to build a house around this TV just so it would fit properly against your wall, and I don't think those TV's could fit through a door either :).

I saw the 103inch panasonic in bluwater... there fore adding the size of a 52 that must be huge!!! I WANT 1... just a shame i'll have to knock through my livin room wall... and into the neighbours house to see it all at once lol :)