xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guitar22891

Overclocking Xd

Have any of you heard of overclocking? or the process of increasing the clock speed of a certain processor? It can be done to virtually anything but it is most common in computer processors and graphics cards.I have a 3.0E HT Prescott running at 3.85ghz stable with reasonable temperatures for about a year now.

Have any of you heard of overclocking? or the process of increasing the clock speed of a certain processor? It can be done to virtually anything but it is most common in computer processors and graphics cards.

I have a 3.0E HT Prescott running at 3.85ghz stable with reasonable temperatures for about a year now.

Have any of you heard of overclocking?

LOL LOL :)

ofcurce man what did you thought you are the only smart guy in this form

i have been using overclocking for about 2 years now

i have intel p4 3.0 GB with 1MB cash / 800 MH

and i have overclocking it to 3.6 / 960 MH

i also have NVIDIA xfx 6200 TC VGA card

with 128 MB memry 256 suporting

and i'm using it as 256 MB now

and it also have ramdac 400 over clock it to670 MH

by the way if you wish to get the best result on overclocking

is too have goo moutherbord and i think asus is the best for moutherbords

what did you thought you are the only smart guy in this form

One does not have to be smart to know or hear about overclocking.

by the way if you wish to get the best result on overclocking
is too have goo moutherbord and i think asus is the best for moutherbords

A good motherboard doesn't necessarily mean that you would get good overclocking. Although i would agree with you that it would work better than older motherboards, it also depends on the BIOS and PSU. ASUS and Gigabyte are good brands of motherboards to have. There is no "best;" each have their own features and support. Like with all opinions, they are relative.

And with all overclocking, you should be careful, even if you know what you're doing, as it can really mess up the system.

Ah overclocking.I plan to overclock when i have my new motherboard in my box.My current mobo (Dell) i don't think supports overclocking (options are grayed out)Is there a way around this, or should i just buy the ASUS mobo.. with 680i thing... lol well im planning on running SLI n e ways

Lol, no you don't have to be smart.. I've been at it for a while now and I just overclock everything I get my hands on. But as truefusion says you do have to be careful not to push your hardware too much and have the proper cooling. I myself have a Big Typhoon on an old 478 intel socket. I found that it works the best and its absolutely one of the best air cooling systems for you processor ever made, it even comes close to low end water cooling systems. The downside is its HUGE! just like the names describes, but its a copper beauty once it fits in your case.

I think there are 3 main hardware components to worry about when overclocking. The Processor, RAM, and motherboard all play a great deal. Each must all work together and be raised to achieve a sucessful 1:1 ratio overclock. If one of these components is not able to keep up with the other then it creates what we call a "bottleneck" towards the others.. Anyways before I ramble off its nice to know there are some overclockers on this forum. :)

Ah overclocking.
I plan to overclock when i have my new motherboard in my box.

My current mobo (Dell) i don't think supports overclocking (options are grayed out)

Is there a way around this, or should i just buy the ASUS mobo.. with 680i thing... lol well im planning on running SLI n e ways

No I'm afraid that you most likely have to customly build your computer with overclocking enabled processor and motherboard. Companies such as Dell lock the motherboards to prevent newbies from making damage by messing with settings. Buying that ASUS mobo will do the trick.. just do your research.

Notice from rvalkass:

Merged double post. Remember, you can use the Edit button to add to a post.

My overclock...

Prolink GeForce 2ti 64 - 250/400 @ 275/470

Sapphire x800GTO 256 - don't remember stock @ 590/1300

Intel Celeron D330 2660(133x20) + Asus p5p800 @ 3800

AMD 64 3200+ 2000 Venice + GB(nf 430+6100+int video) @ 2660