xisto Community
jlrr94

What's A Cms? Know a little more about CMS.

I use MemHT, and I LOVE it! I've been through Joomla, Mambo, and various other CMS, but MemHT has been my friend! Easy to upgrade, one of the ONLY web software that I've successfully updated without ruining the whole site! When you DO mess things up, it's easy to fix too. The community for it is also quick to respond, and helped me fix things twice! The Admin Control Panel is fun to play with too, and it comes preloaded with a forum, chatroom, and loads of other stuff. It also comes with a bunch of odd stuff that you most likely WON'T need, but you can just disable it if you don't want it. MemHT is definitely my favorite CMS, HAND DOWN! ^_^

Here's the website if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.memht.com/

I spent the past year at my college working on the development of a new content management system. It was really interesting because the journalism students were actually using it to produce their online magazine. We were trying to make our cms more media-friendly and secure since we wanted outsiders to be able to contribute to the magazine, but the college had firewall issues and such.It was very interesting work, and as such I've begun the development of my own personal content management system for my blog. Custom cms's are the way to go...you can get exactly the features you want, nothing more, nothing less.

I found what CMS is during this year at school, the teacher proposed a contest for the school website and told us to use an free open source content management system and also told us a few name to check out.I think the best of them are: Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal. wordpress is also the best blog platform I know.As for me I only used Joomla and I'll start using wordpress too, drupal is good but I don't really like it...for no sure reason, I just don't like it :fart:

I use Wordpress. It's the only one I have used, but it's great for blogs, and I have been making my own theme. I love the addons and it's very user friendly and all of that.If anyone wants a nice, clean, powerfull blog. Use Wordpress.Yours, Sam.

As wikipedia says

A content management system (CMS) is computer software used to create, edit, manage, and publish content in a consistently organized fashion.[1] CMSs are frequently used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing industry-specific documentation such as news articles, operators' manuals, technical manuals, sales guides, and marketing brochures. The content managed may include computer files, image media, audio files, electronic documents, and Web content.
:)

Well CMS's are just scripts(most of em are written in PHP) that runs your dynamic site.
You shouldnt need extra coding languages, should be easy and fast.

At the moment im using Php-Fusion, which is pretty cool :D Joomla is another great CMS, allot of resources on it online.
A bit of googling, and you can have a nice site online withouth coding language:)

- optiplex

I don't use CMS. What is it anyway, and what's it for?If I want a page or something for my site, whilst under development, I could code one :)I'd need, an HTML, PHP, maybe SQL coder. :)-Sky

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

For me the best one is Joomla I currently use it.About PHPBB u can use an extension, here u have a link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
*I recommend the Fireboard Forum.

I have once wish to install fireboard forum at my joomla site. But failed... is fireboard really that good? Can it match up with VBulletin?

Any for PHP cms, i really recommend joomla