xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Grandem

Wii - Is It Worth It?

I was wondering if you guys would please give me some feedback on a wii, im thinking of getting onand i just wanna know wat there like first, thanks alot.Kind regards, Jordan.

Well put it like this, the Wii became very hard to get during the holidays, number 1 console Across the world for several months, physical therapists recommend it, as well as doctors, great console to get a workout from, and heck you can get a new wrist disease called Wiitis because the strain your putting on your wrists and junk. So yeah its worth it as the games seem to be getting better and better as the months roll around which means this is the second most people gaming system Nintendo has created since the Nintendo first came out.

I say it's definitly worth buying one. I have one myself and love it. I can't wait for some of the new games to come out either. So I would definitly suggest it, the only problem is getting one, I'm afraid they'll probably be sold out for another few months, so go to the stores when they open (not gamestop though, the wiis there are all bookes) and pray that they are still there.

I appreciate you taking your time to post here saint micheal sounds like there preety fun and a good workout and t3jem thanks alot sound like you love your wii alot well i think i will try and get one, care to tell me what some of the good games are?Kind regards, Jordan.

I say it is a great console, and worth every penny. Wii is more a family / party console that includes every friend / familymember to participate and have fun togheter. I've had my Wii console for about a half year, and I don't regret a single moment that I spent my 250,00 EUR on it. Are you looking for a console that provides great graphic and higher gaming experience, maybe a better choice for you is to spend your money on a XBOX360 or a PS3. But are you looking for something new, something different, I'll promise you will be gladly suprise of what Wii can give you. It's fun, its entertaining and activate you in a way that no other console on the market can.

When it comes to games, I still love Wii Sports, and are often played at home. But I can also recommend Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil 4.

...great console to get a workout from, and heck you can get a new wrist disease called Wiitis because the strain your putting on your wrists and junk.

Hehe, Wiitis, I havent heard of it, so by curiosity I Googled and found:

New England Journal of Medicine had a report detailing the condition "Wiitis". Here, a 29-year old medical student woke up with shoulder pain, had it checked out and was diagnosed with "acute tendonitis isolated to the right infraspinatus" as a result of playing too much Wii the day before!

source: http://scienceofsport.blogspot.de/

Thats fun, but in personally consideration I think I rather having a portion Wiitis than having a Playstation thumb or a Playstation Lip.

I'm afraid they'll probably be sold out for another few months, so go to the stores when they open (not gamestop though, the wiis there are all bookes) and pray that they are still there.

The same thing as last year, thought Nintendo should had expanding their production due to the demands on market. Still popular christmas gift, I guess!

Yes, it's worth it.For $250, you get a console system that's fun to play by yourself and if you're willing to throw in another $250 or so, great memories can be had with up to four players with games like Wii Sports, Mario Party 8, and my personal favorite: Rayman: Raving Rabbids.It's great with all ages, from kids to older folk alike. If they're not much of a gamer, it's always nice to give it a try. I got my parents to play with it and they don't even play console games. :) The console itself is rather easy to learn and very natural, in a way, since you're using movement instead of trying to memorize buttons, combos, and ways to do things. It's rather intuitive and simple at the same time, really.I haven't met anyone I know that has one that is actually disappointed, unless they are THAT appreciative of the eye candy that the 360 and the PS3 puts out. I like my eye candy as well, but overall fun trumps beautiful graphics.

I used to sell the things, so I know a bit...1. don't goto Sears, we don't seem to carry it EVER!2. buy a nun chuck if you can when you buy the console, it doesn't come w/ one, and lots of games need it.3. if you're for blood and gore, and lots of it, go for a different consoleotherwise, I've heard it's very hard for some games, and if you a big Legend of Zelda freak, and a critical about each game you'll be mad to find out that the world is inverted from the gamecube version because of how the system operates (or something), and that also if your into guitar hero, prepare to be weirded out when the guitar vibrates when you miss a note (if you get it).generally (as you've seen above this post), it IS a fun console, and you can always try and play it for awhile at your local mall :)

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread and i have actually learnt alot about it and i wouldnt mind playing it with my family because i have 3 sisters and they all want one so i have made my decision im getting one. I can't believe there $250 that is so cheap it is worth every penny and i look forward to playing mario party 8, we just recently got mario party on ds so i imagine on wii would be alot better.Kind regards, Jordan.

I was wondering if you guys would please give me some feedback on a wii, im thinking of getting onand i just wanna know wat there like first, thanks alot.

Kind regards, Jordan.

well i dont have a wii but i do gett feedback from two of my friends who does have one my first is a little less hyper so he tend to sit down and not do much of the interactive stuff but he says it's pretty fun playing the wii especialy with other people he says "it's fun watching them go crazy and over react." my other friend is very hypper active and loves jumping around so she loves it and think its good all around. so over all i'd say it sounds great.
from my opinion though if you're looking for high end best and greatest graphics the wii is not for if you're looking for more fun go ahead.

I don't think it's worth itI have a Wii, and they don't play DVD's, did you know that? Well, mine doesn't anyway. The only game I have that is good makes the Wii run loudly, and it crashes sometimes. 2 of the wii remotes we have had, have broken and nintendo refused to help me until i put highgrade batteries in them to test them...I had energiser ones in.the wii remote is badly designed, and it is really hard to get a descent reception from the wireless bar thingy....It is also hard to play without sitting up straight...so no more laying down while playing a game.to be honest with you, i hate nintendo. almost every nintendo product I;ve bought has been faulty, besides the games. My DS has a broken pixel in it, and customer service said they couldn't replace it unless there were more than 1...They also advised me that the broken pixel would fix itself in 3 weeks time...Funny how thats the time when the warrenty ran out. I wrote to them asking if they would replace the products as they're under warrenty and they told me that if they wanted to, they could charge me for it if they dont feel the problem was big enough.I couldn't take that risk, I also had to pay for the postage and stuff, no recovery bag.I waited in cue for 48 minutes to get through to a customer service rep, and she had no idea what she was doing...the remotes were broken and she wanted me to do some syncing excersises....I did that for 15 minutes until i finally told her that she didn't know what she was doing. I asked to speak to a supervisor, because she was being so rude to me, and she told me that she didn't want to put me through.Just goes to show that they can;'t even manage to get the customer service side right. theyre a cruddy company.

I can't believe there $250 that is so cheap it is worth every penny and i look forward to playing mario party 8, we just recently got mario party on ds so i imagine on wii would be alot better.

Having a DS and a Wii is even better. They are currently working on getting more connectivity between DS and wii and they are working on getting downloadable demos through your wii for your DS, so you will have a blast connecting your DS and wii together in the near future as well. I heard you can even use the DS as a controller for the new pokemon game too. So you will definitly have a blast with your new system.

Having a DS and a Wii is even better. They are currently working on getting more connectivity between DS and wii and they are working on getting downloadable demos through your wii for your DS, so you will have a blast connecting your DS and wii together in the near future as well. I heard you can even use the DS as a controller for the new pokemon game too. So you will definitly have a blast with your new system.

pokemon arena?

I have that, and all of the games too...It's not fantastic. Im a huge pokemon fan (how embarassing) and I didn't find it that fantastic. I played it twice since i got it.

I don't think it's worth it

I have a Wii, and they don't play DVD's, did you know that? Well, mine doesn't anyway. The only game I have that is good makes the Wii run loudly, and it crashes sometimes. 2 of the wii remotes we have had, have broken and nintendo refused to help me until i put highgrade batteries in them to test them...I had energiser ones in.

the wii remote is badly designed, and it is really hard to get a descent reception from the wireless bar thingy....It is also hard to play without sitting up straight...so no more laying down while playing a game.

to be honest with you, i hate nintendo. almost every nintendo product I;ve bought has been faulty, besides the games. My DS has a broken pixel in it, and customer service said they couldn't replace it unless there were more than 1...They also advised me that the broken pixel would fix itself in 3 weeks time...Funny how thats the time when the warrenty ran out. I wrote to them asking if they would replace the products as they're under warrenty and they told me that if they wanted to, they could charge me for it if they dont feel the problem was big enough.

I couldn't take that risk, I also had to pay for the postage and stuff, no recovery bag.

I waited in cue for 48 minutes to get through to a customer service rep, and she had no idea what she was doing...the remotes were broken and she wanted me to do some syncing excersises....I did that for 15 minutes until i finally told her that she didn't know what she was doing. I asked to speak to a supervisor, because she was being so rude to me, and she told me that she didn't want to put me through.

Just goes to show that they can;'t even manage to get the customer service side right. theyre a cruddy company.

The Wii is DEFINITLY worth it.

Yes sometimes the buzzing occurs, but when you start

playing a game and turn up the volume you don't really hear it.

As for the wireless bar. you need to have it in a place where there is nothing blocking it or isn't far from your couch. Preferably on your T.V.

It is also hard to play without sitting up straight...so no more laying down while playing a game.

uhm lol. the wii isn't like any other console out there. you have to "interact" with the game by moving your body lmao.

So if you are lazy about getting up and moving your arms or something then don't get a wii. PLUS the wii does come with controller attachments for snes and gamecube and such for the downloadable games you can get for your wii online.

my DS has a broken pixel in it, and customer service said they couldn't replace it unless there were more than 1...

Lol. Its only one pixel. deal with it. Just think about it. if you were in the customer services position and someone brought you a ds with 1 pixel out. i'm pretty sure you'd say its only one pixel its not like its big and notice able. So what if it is green lmao. you don't notice it during game play unless its smack dab in the middle. but seriously why waste their time when you can figure this out yourself.

I waited in cue for 48 minutes to get through to a customer service rep, and she had no idea what she was doing...the remotes were broken and she wanted me to do some syncing excersises....I did that for 15 minutes until i finally told her that she didn't know what she was doing. I asked to speak to a supervisor, because she was being so rude to me, and she told me that she didn't want to put me through.

The lady was just doing her job. She was trained to deal with that stuff and you were just being a total jerk about it. If your controller was broken and you KNEW it was broken then go get new ones. or get new batteries.

Nintendo is not a cruddy company. I've had Nintendo Products since i was 3 years old.

And i've had zero problems with them.

Get a Wii its definitely a different experience. ;D