xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aleksander

What Do U Think About Tkd?

I did Tae Kwon Doe for 5 years and continued on and off since 05. My brother has been doing it 9 years now. If there's anything I know about tkd it is that people who talk smack stop talking once they feel like they may be talkin to blackbelts. I've never had to throw a punch in my life (except at my bro) but the training i recieved makes me confident that if I had to fight I have an arsenal that not only includes kicks, but punches and grappling techniques as well as the ability to assess the situation and decide what kind of fight I want to get into(ground, close and dirty, fancy quick, etc.). However, because my instructors made sure to teach other styles that offered weapons when TKD had nothing real to offer, I have a diversified cache of weapons. Remember TKD is kicking, lots of kicking, high and fancy or low and dirty...all of which are designed to permanently disable your opponent and the effects will be devastating.