xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ether

Water 4 Gas, Is It Real?

Hi there, I'm a new guy in this forum and would like to ask about something I found interesting. My friend told me about a system of using water as additionally applied together with gas inputted in somekind of a 'tool' that can be made. This system may help much more efficiency in burning fuel (so that it will increase millage) and less pollution.I don't know if this is real or a crap. But I think it's interesting to try :) As I learn and see the site, it shows that the system may works logically.. I'm not too good in physics but quite sure the system may works.See it in my friend's blog: bestpreview.blogspot.comThere it shows some picture of how the system works. There you can find another link showing much more details about how the system works.Could you expert guys here tell me how this system actually works? And is it true and worth to try? If this one surely you may say works, I might try to buy the ebook to learn how to make it myself. :(

In a normal gasoline powered vehicle you cannot use water in your gasoline because water is not flammable and could rust your engine; however, there are prototype cars out there that use hydrogen as power and this creates a water waste (as in the car releases water when it's done with the hydrogen). I hope this helps, perhaps your friend was talking about one of those hydrogen cars, because like I said, a normal gas powered vehicle can't use water.

In a normal gasoline powered vehicle you cannot use water in your gasoline because water is not flammable and could rust your engine; however, there are prototype cars out there that use hydrogen as power and this creates a water waste (as in the car releases water when it's done with the hydrogen). I hope this helps, perhaps your friend was talking about one of those hydrogen cars, because like I said, a normal gas powered vehicle can't use water.

That is where you are run, hydrogen combustion engines are way too dangerous for normal consumer use.

The cars are water-fuel cell powered. A tank full of water is then shocked by electricity (electrolysis) to extract and separate the hydrogen and oxygen in the water, then the two are combusted to power (most likely a piston engine) the engine. The two are reverted back to water and the whole process begins again. Cars like this are very, very efficient, and all you need to do is refill the tank every now and then (around 2-3 months?) and add a new battery every maybe year?

These cars are still under testing and should be available to consumers in around 4-5 years?

That is where you are run, hydrogen combustion engines are way too dangerous for normal consumer use.
The cars are water-fuel cell powered. A tank full of water is then shocked by electricity (electrolysis) to extract and separate the hydrogen and oxygen in the water, then the two are combusted to power (most likely a piston engine) the engine. The two are reverted back to water and the whole process begins again. Cars like this are very, very efficient, and all you need to do is refill the tank every now and then (around 2-3 months?) and add a new battery every maybe year?

These cars are still under testing and should be available to consumers in around 4-5 years?

yes this is correct. So you think this one is true then? Hmm.. I'm thinking of buying the technique to build the tools. Do you think hydrogen is way too dangerous for normal use? Which is easier to be burned? Don't you think gasoline is also dangerous? Oxygen and hydrogen too? What do you think?

I got from another forum, a guy claim that he ever build the tool and already apply it in his vehicle. It runs well, but he hasn't try it for long time or long mileage. For this time he says that the system works well without things wrong. Even with trial and error, he learn about that and try to make one with perfect results. He also offer for people in the forum (for free) making the tools and showing it how. He lives in Alabama, for too way from my hometown hehehe...

So, how bout it guys? This is not hydrogen fueled t3jem, this is using water to be electrolysis into oxygen and hydrogen to give more efficiency in combustion. This is different to fuel cell hydrogen hybrid vehicle. This one just implementing additional efficiency with use of water. The water actually not entering the engine, but only the gas after the water being electrolized.

well, I have no idea where you would find all the materials needed for under US$1000 but good luck anyway. There are also other designs instead of the Water->Hydrogen+Oxygen->BANG!-Piston->Movement but also ones like Water->Hydrogen+Oxygen->BANG!-Spins turbine to generate electricity->Electric Motor->MovementThe second one will be a lot better because the first one, you will need to think of an efficient way of removing the water vapour from the piston's combustion chamber but keep it from washing out the engine oil which would be very hard indeed. But the second option is a lot easier, because all you need to do is just collect the water vapour from the other side of the 'windmill'.But how would you separate the Oxygen from the hydrogen after the water has been electrolized? A simple suggestion would be to have a fan sucking the gases into a special polymer where oxygen will stay at one layer and later be collected and the hydrogen going straight through with extra polymers that let the oxygen through whilst blocking the hydrogen.I am pretty sure some random scientist at a random car manufacturing company will think of a better solution.

Hmmm... sounds extremely complicated :) Thanks a lot for the info... So how'd you think about this tool I'm talking about? Because if this one might goes right, I might want to buy the ebook. But after looking at your long and complicated explanation, guess it's not that easy to make this tool.

I actually installed a process like this in September. It DOES work. It DOES NOT do a 100% mileage increase, but pretty close. I went from 30 to 50MPG. It's simple enough to set up. Basically creates a reaction in the small water canister, thus providing extra energy.

Also increased my Hyundai Elantra's power a bit.

They have plans to build a totally water powered car....but good luck on that :)

I documented my test here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Feel free to email taraff1@gmail.com with questions.

Hmmm... sounds extremely complicated :(
Thanks a lot for the info... So how'd you think about this tool I'm talking about? Because if this one might goes right, I might want to buy the ebook. But after looking at your long and complicated explanation, guess it's not that easy to make this tool.

I actually installed a process like this in September. It DOES work. It DOES NOT do a 100% mileage increase, but pretty close. I went from 30 to 50MPG. It's simple enough to set up. Basically creates a reaction in the small water canister, thus providing extra energy.
Also increased my Hyundai Elantra's power a bit.

They have plans to build a totally water powered car....but good luck on that :)

I documented my test here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Feel free to email taraff1@gmail.com with questions.

HAHA! but that might be dangerous, injecting hydrogen directly into the combustion chamber might leave water vapour which can cause your engine to die out. If you want to increase horsepower, pour sugar and mothballs into the fuel tank... and keep eggs to drop in your radiator if it spouts a leak (Confirmed, Plausible, Comfirmed (but not recommended for a permenant solution, in that order by MythBusters)

I want you all to think realistically here. IF this H+O injection into the air intake scheme works, the amount of H and O injected would not be enough to be any more dangerous to the combustion process then the current method atomizing purified gasoline (a hydro-carbon molecule), mixing it with cool, dense air, and igniting it with a spark, causing an enormous, contained explosion. Even adding NO2 to the air stream isn't particularly dangerous, and I'm talking about pure NO2 out of a pressurized bottle, instead all we're talking about here is creating a minimal vacuum to draw the vapors of cracked water out of a canister and into the air cleaner, to be used in the combustion process, making it more efficient. I actually investigated this process a week or so ago and, because I'm more cynical then I once was, I'm skeptical as to the claims of the web site. I may, if time and money are no trouble, investigate this further some time in the future, but I'm most skeptical of the OP and another poster who have extremely low post counts and come here with links and such describing this product and it many virtues. I smell a salesman, and he needs to bathe. If a regular member of good moral character who is known to be honest and upstanding pops up and says he's installed this devise on his vehicle and it does, indeed, improve the performance and efficiency of said vehicle with no drawbacks or extra maintenance, then I'll listen a little closer. Until then, I remain highly skeptical.

I'm an Auto mechanic and I've seen these systems in the past.I had a homebrew system like this hooked up on my '69 Ford Truck for awhile before I swapped the carbs and it did seem to make a noticeable difference in the gas mileage but nothing like 30 mpg to 60! That's not very likely, especially on a newer car!These systems have very little effect on newer cars equipped with oxygen sensors, map sensors, etc.The sensors would detect the difference in A/F ratio and adjust the mix which tends to offset any mpg or performance gains.A better mod for OBDII cars would be to control the mixture by fooling the computer with an O2 sensor mod. You can intercept the signal coming from the oxygen sensor(primary) and adjust it to run slightly lean for better fuel economy and then enrich it when you need the extra 'oomph'.I wouldn't want to install one of these things on a customer's car because of the possibility of liability. I will however have another on the Truck because I like the extra mileage and the smooth performance. Once you crack the H20, you can vent the oxygen but I always just combined the two and took it in through the PCV valve hose. The slight amount of moisture produced when the mixture is ignited helps to cool and extend the flame and cuts down on ping.