xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djstarskream

How To Create A Song In Fruity Loops Using Vanguard but you can use outhers

ok i began by trying to create individual tutorials for the creation of a song in general but as i

make songs in fruity loops i thaught it better to teach you how to create a song inside fruity loops using anumber of

efects and plugins.

this is the bit of song we are going to learn how to create tutorial_songs__01.mp3

(note this song is copryrited to me so dont try claim it as yourown, i do give permision for you to remix it aslong as the title is displayd in this way in its entierty DJ StarSkream, solar flare(your name REMIX))

ok step one once you have downloaded the song snip above listen to it as i will be refering to it constantly for the next few steps.

step (1).

the mellody to create the mellody i use the VST plugin calld vanguard.

it is made inside the piano roll of fruity loops by pasting each individual note to a position but lucky for you i made a midi file to save you the time.

i have compiled a .zip file of all my midi neede to create this song they are numberd you can download them

here midi_1_2_3_4.zip

now incase you dont no what midi is im gonna tell you

midi is a templae of a mellody wich you use in pragrams such as fruity loops.

to use the midi simply create a folder calld midi inside your imageline (fruity loops) directory for example mine is

C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 7\Data\Patches\midi

all you need to do is paste the midi files form the .zip into that midi file in the directory above.

now open fruity loops and on your left where all your samples are therewill now be a file calld midi.

open that midi and inside there should be 4 midi files drag the midi file calld mellody 1 ? onto the sample deck (where everything goes in fruityloops the columb just to the rite of the samples pallet).

now click the tick that comes up in the box and you have a template of the 1st mellody. now rite click the tab next to the tenplate and select the option to replace and replace it with sytrus.(i am using sytrus as it comes standard with fruity loops and vanguard does not)

now if you selcet supersaw as the voice then you get this wounderfull pad like sound from the chords.

now to create the cutof efect (note, the cutof efect is the way the mellody sounds like its being let out of a roominto a hall,)

on the sytrus pannel you have a box with the cross hair in it its calld the modulator. if you move the cross hair to the top left it sound like its in a small room with the dore shut if you move it to the bottom left it sound like its in a hallway.

now to create the efect all you need to do is place the cross hair in the topleft of the modulator box and press the record button.

note, b4 you do this click the lttle keybard function box next to the clock to turn of the keybard function to that no notes are played when you hit the keys.

and one more thing make sure that you have pat selected and not song

now with the record button selected hit the space bar to beggin playing the melody. while the mellody is playing drag the cross hair of the modulator

from the top left to the bottom left but do it so that you beggin on the top left as the mellody starts to play and you end on the bottom left as the mellody stops.

note you must stop the mellody playing outherwise it will record to long and it wont work correctly to do this simply hit the space bar when the line in the piano roll

reaches the end of the mllody.

now hit the record button againe to turn off record and hit the space bar to play the mellody if this opperation was perfomd correctly you should end up with

something like this supersaw_cutoff.mp3

if you need help further to this post then contact me via my e-mail (in my profile) or just post for help under this post.

in part two i will show you how to add the second small mellody to the allready existing one you just built.

please leave feedback so i can adjust my tutorials to the needs of its vieswer.

the following image is for the purpose of terminology used within this tutorial if at anny time you dont understand what the tutorial is refering to the use the image as a key you can also download the larger and more clear version herepost-55448-1199103332_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

Edited by djstarskream (see edit history)

Hi, Where...

How To Create A Song In Fruity Loops Using Vanguard

Hi, I'm Josh.. Where can I find ReFX Nexus Full And Vanguard To Fl studio 7 xxl producer edition??:(..

I Have downloaded files .. But I don't know to install them and there was many problems and sp:(. Hope you or your can help me:(..

I Write also with people but I still don't have ReFX Nexus Expansions..

I click on Nexus, A go to "sys" and click "Import exp" and so go I to lilbrary and so are there nothing??:(:( . . So hope relly you or your can help me

(Sorry for the bad english)...

Josh Lorenzen

-reply by Josh