xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djstarskream

A Question Of Knowledge i have to ask this question

i recently came to fine myself looking into space on a cold night in winter. but as i look up at the ever glistening stars i finde myself asking a question Q. are we drifting further into spaceyou see my theory is this our solar sytem flows by the use of gravitational pull between the planets. (as far as i am aware)but we dont circle our orbit in an exact circly infact its more a oval.but even so we remaine in this alusive gravitaitional feild between the planets.recent studdy sugest that earlyer in time our gravitational pull was rounder to form a shap closer to a circly than an oval so does this sugest that we are infact moving ever further away from our solar sytem its like a rubber band having a ball glued to the inside on the one end and you swinging it around your finger now enevitably its only a matter of time b4 the force generated via the rotation breaks the rubber band and sends the ball off else where.is our gravity feild heading for this same theory?further to support my theory global warming is forever attaking our planet casing over heating of our planet so why are our winters getting colder can it be because we are drifting further into space everytimt we pass that stage in our gravitational rotation.?theory ? so dont try and claime as your own.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit title for typo

My answer is yes and my theory is this: As the sun burns and the matter within it changes forms into heavier elements some of the suns mass is turned into energy (remember E=mc2) and a greater amount is sent off into space in flares and solar storms etc... and so the mass of the sun is decreasing. Now some would say, and perhaps correctly, that the sun's mass is not getting less as meteors etc... crash into it and replenish its matter stores. However if im correct then the sun's gravitational pull is also decreasing and this would lead to all the planet's orbits getting further from the sun, UNLESS their orbit speed decreased (as centrifugal force stops the planets falling into the sun a slow down of their speed would mean this force is less so it could compensate for the loss of gravity)

So according to my theory the earth and all other planets could well be drifting slightly. However i doubt it will have any effect for a very long time and we wouldnt notice it anyway.

as for this:

so why are our winters getting colder

From your "location" information it says Wales which im assuming you mean the country attached to England :) In which case our warmer winters are provided by a current from the coasts of south America, the Gulf Stream i think its called. And its a ribbon of warm water that cones from south America to the coasts of Cornwall etc.. and warms those areas significantly all year round and of course it would affect Wales. If global warming takes effect this current could be affected as its powered by sinking cold water up north so the warm current could be stopped and as such the mild winters we have in the UK would go with it meaning much colder winters and this is a possible explanation. Our winters would be more like those in New York. Bad times.

My answer is yes and my theory is this: As the sun burns and the matter within it changes forms into heavier elements some of the suns mass is turned into energy (remember E=mc2) and a greater amount is sent off into space in flares and solar storms etc... and so the mass of the sun is decreasing. Now some would say, and

ok im no geologyst or infact annything to do with a scientific minde but as far as im aware isnt gravity caused by the rotation of the planets?
and the only reason for anny outher planet to be throuwn out of its own orbit into the sun would sugest that ether the sun is speeding up
or the plaets are slowing down ?

but i like your theory though good work.