xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
IMHO

Rosacea Anyone have experience with a good treatment?

I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and I'm investigating possible treatment options. My dermatologist gave me something called MetroGel and told me to use it twice a day... she then said I wouldn't see any difference for about a month. I thought there must be something better, so I starting asking friends if they had any experience with it. One person suggested a cream made by Norad, which she says was effective within just a few days. Another person suggested something called Finecea made from azeliac acid, but I've yet to find any information about it online. One doctor's web site said that Norad was not effective, but that Dermalogica was better. These are all expensive products, so the last thing I want to do is buy them all just to see what works.My questions are: Has anyone had any experience with rosacea? If so, what have they found to be an effective treatment? For the women out there, are there specific types of make-up that help minimize the redness?