xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Acraine

About The Hosting

I have a question: Why is the only hosting requirement to be active in this forum? Is it to keep users connected and prevent people from becoming idle with their accounts, and therefore wasting space? Or is it for the small income that comes off the occasional ads? I love the idea, I am just wondering what makes it applicable to such large use.

well, we are also encouraged to click-an-ad which we may fancy every now and then, but not to the point of spamming the ads. ;) (ad clicks keep Xisto alive). ;) being active in the forums, we also add valuable content to the forums and to the net in general. Xisto forums act as a support group as well for hosted members, and other members help in whatever way they can. :P

A you can see by the automated ad after your post, Xisto is commited to giving you hosting for free. They know that you don't want ads on your site, but they also know they'll become broke if they don't get ads soon... That's why they did this! When over 1000s of members who stay active in the forums, the company gets revenue from the ads they show. This is a small price to pay when you get free hosting. Also, if you hadn't noticed, the staff members encourage on <- snipped -> to the reason that only showing the ads don't mean much money. I personally <- snipped -> once or two each time I come, because that way, I can make sure the company says alive. Don't be hesitant to click and think "if I click, it won't help much". Because if everyone thought that, you will soon lose your hosting, even if you're paid! We support Xisto with contribution to the forums, and you won't notice how much you're helping them, unless you are them! Keep on clicking!}}}}}}}