xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarkeTboT

Anyone Know Of A Great Free Mmorpg Exept Rs

Some good ones are Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Dark Ages, Morrowind, EverQuest I & II, Neverwinter Nights, Phantasy Star Online, Saga of Ryzom, Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine (coming soon), Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed, Ultima Online: The Second Age, and Ultima Online: Third Dawn.

MapleStory, in all truth is, well, quite..

Horrible.

Once you get past level 10, it all goes downhill. No quests, and it's just a pain. Too many kilstealers, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's see, I've found a few..

There's KalOnline (3/5)

MU Online (3/5)

RO Private Servers (Varying)

Various playerworld games (1/2 of which do not work) which can be found at http://www.onrpg.com/

Hmm.. What else is there..

Toadwater (http://www.toadwater.com/) which is kind of funky (I <3 it currently)

Battleon, but it seems to be down.

Gate to Heaven, Knight Online, and other various ones owned by the same company

Fairyland, if it's still free.

Graalonline (Worth paying for, I just lost my account due to email problems)

Tibia (BLEH!)

Aspereta (3/5 ~ 5/5, varies.)

..that's about it. I'm not sure of WoW (Bad things about it..), but if you're a lone wolf, go for it. If you're the opposite, do play Lineage 2. You'll love it. Both of those games are p2p, but they're supposedly worth it.

Oh yes, and Anarchy Online recently went free for hte basic client.

Honestly, it's really hard to find a good free MMORPG these days...at least a graphical one. If you can deal with just reading...try some text based ones...better quality gameplay, even though it's just boring text. Fun, though, as long as you don't get confused.I've played lots of the games mentioned above...but none really work. Fairyland was fun for a while, but there's really no purpose except beating up bugs. And that's it. And there were alot of 'em w/ flakey servers, which is never cool, either.However...I'm gonna go try some that Zenchi mentioned. Thanks! :rolleyes:

To me Rs is still the best because its free and you don't have download any software or anything to play. Anybody can play it even if you have 28.8k

I rember playin RS using a 56k modem, and that game was anyting but playable. My character was always skiping from place to another, and enemies kept teleporting in front of me. But that was many months ago, so I dont know if things have improved.

I play gunzonline and it is really fun! I hope you all will give it a try. you can get like millions of guns and vs other players also. its cool cause there is this mod that you can have teams in this areana place and fight the other team. right now I am lvl 21 in it and the max lvls is 50. This game will get addicting after awhile and may frusterate you if you keep dying alot, but you know what... you will die in a lot of games and probably you will die a lot. Its all part of the game and will never change in any game you ever play in your life time.

GunzOnline is amazing really :P Too bad I always got those damn agent errors.. It's quite long time when I last played it tho, but it sure owned.. And if MapleStory is amazing then try RagnarokOnline or something like that.. You might want to play on some private servers tho :D
Or then.. The BEST "free" mmorpg out there.. Lineage2 :D
Official isn't free but private servers are.. You might want to try it.. It's the most amazing game ever :)
You can find pretty many private servers for example from this link: http://www.xtremetop100.com/
i recommend L2!