xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
csp4.0

So, My Friend Needs Some Help On His Build... I wanted to help him, but Im stuck also

Anyway, my friend is looking to buy a new mobo that'll go well with his Q6600 and 8800gt that he recently got. Trouble is he is almost out of money and still needs to buy the mobo. He's stuck on two decisions These are very hard desicions because they are both the same price, almost the same specs and both are made by pretty good manufacturers (eVGA and ASUS).Anyway please help me decide which one is betterThe eVGA 122-CK-NF68-T1 or the Asus P5N32-E SLI (680i SLI, NOT the 650i SLI)ThanksPS. did I mention that he might use SLI and buy a second 8800GT...

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)

Well If I got the two right board heres

EVGA
ASUS

It would seem both boards have there problems from the reviews I have read on these boards that they are not worth the price nor the features that come with these. So I would recommend that you keep on searching because the most common problems people jad was it DOA the moment they installed it to BIOS not being current.

I would look at the following boards as they seems to have less problems with better stuff

Board #1 RAID
Board #2 non RAID

So I talked to my friend today and he said that to give a list of requirements and to find the right mobo with those requirements.The requirements are:SLI-ReadySupports 45-nm, Quad Core readyDDR2-1066 (he's got 1066 RAM)1066/1333 FSBAtleast 6 SATAATX form factorHas to be 680iand is less than AU$400 (so no striker extreme)and preferably made by ASUS, eVGA, Gigabyte, or XFX

Simple, really. Asus makes the best motherboards no matter what, and buying their brand always ensures a good payoff. eVga in my opinion isn't a very good brand, and the top 2 motherboard manufacturers would be Asus and Abit (in that order, 1st place and 2nd place). Trust me on this one, you wont regret buying Asus.