xisto Community
Mermaid711

How To Avoid Red-eye.

Red eye is a fascinating problem that is hard to fix. Something that sticks in my mind is when my aunt did something about it with her SLR flash; add a small piece of white paper with a piece of tape onto the top (just above the flash) so that it covers the light. This will dissipate the light considerably.
And about photo editing...ever tried the GIMP? It's a free alternative to Photoshop; about as many features and very reliable.

Thats right, paper diffuse the light so it is soften when the light hits the subject, causing not only a natural shadow and also a way to kill red eye. I tend to prefer tissue as it have the best amount of penetration for light, diffusing it more than a 80gsm (standard A4 paper). For the optimal result, try a diffused bounce flash, the result is 0% red eye chance with a very warmth shadow and skin tone.