xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
polter

Google Adsense: Impressions Or Clicks?

Adsense is per click if it was per impression all of us would never have to work again :P. Of course that is the reason plus on top of that since google has got the most sophisticated click system that everyone knows us that trying to do your own clicks will get your account suspend and any more you have taken away from you as well.

I am using Google Adsense, and I have only seen it pay per click, but I recall in the actual documentation for it, it saying something that led one to believe it could be either or. I've never seen any money accrue just for a display, though, so it's safe to say, that's not going to happen.I advise against any fraudulent manipulations, of the advertisements, as well.For one thing, you'd never make enough money by artificially boosting your click counts in this manner. You'd have to do it on such a large scale, that it would be clear what was happening, and your account would be suspended. To do it on a smaller scale and be more discreet, simply wouldn't be worth the trouble. Of course, I'd oppose any such manipulation on moral grounds, as well as the more pragmatic ones I've outlined above.Bottom line is, unless your site has a very large volumn of traffic, you won't really make money with the advertisements.It may help in getting google to index your web site, however, if it is yet to do so.Bud

It may help in getting google to index your web site, however, if it is yet to do so.
Bud

It really did helped my website getting indexed on google. that's all it is good for me now, and I appreciate it. Google provides some of the best services you can find on the internet.

Actually , Adsense also offers a CPM service , that is cost per thousand of impressions . But the amount of money you get for an impression is very very small .

Can this be confirmed? I only know the cpm as being part of adwords statistics. i.e You don't get paid for the impressions, cpm just tells you how much you are paying per thousand impressions, working alongside your click through rate.

google adsense is pay-per-click. i don't think it pays for impressions but i might be wrong. i have a google adsense account my self. i don't know how they can know if your like asking a friend to click a couple of times for you and going to the library and clicking there. can anyone clear this up for me.

From the reference of Help center, Google said they' don't reveal such information in order to keep advertisers. It is likely that they have combination of CPC and CPM. Text links are likely to be CPC and Graphics banners are combination of CPM+CPC, this is again assumption. We don't know exact system behind adsense. Google will not reveal such information to public as they earn most of their revenue from such system and that's why most of their services are free. So i don't think they'll reveal the actual information behind it. My guess is again : Combination of CPC+CPM. :)