xisto Community
GaMeRrEmAg

Why Do People Care About Gmail? i made my account first try

Gmail is made by google, enough said :D. Anyways, invites don't matter anymore, gmail is now open to the public, but you could still send them. Gmail is just so user friendly and easy to use. The space is constantly growing and you never need to delete your mail. The way you can label your email and just search for the one you want is revolutionary. That's why gmail is so great. That and it comes with a ton of other google features like picassa and a free website :P.

It offers 5GB of space for emails (the number is rising all the time). And it used to really appealing in its beta because the invites, at first, were hard to come by so it was like an exclusive privilege. IMO, it also feels less cluttered with ads and such than Yahoo and Hotmail. :P

Gmail is better than others. LOL I have used Yahoo, MSN, and other free emails. I cannot use MSN and Yahoo. MSN is widely used but it has been banned in my country and other organization such as university, and offices. Yahoo is also banned in my country but at the beginning it does not allow users to keep lots of emails because of limited space.

Gmail is the first email which give big space such as 1GB to keep our emails. I do not need to delete my emails. Now, it allows 5GB. But it also has some problems. The files you keep so long are going to crush. Last 3 months ago, I checked my old mails and found mp3 sound. I tried to listen it but I only heard terrible sound. I realized that the file was damaged. Maybe just having error with binary code (010110100 to 010110111). I am not pretty sure.

What so ever it is, Gmail is very convenient and easy for users to send email quickly. Once you send an email to your new friend, his or her email is already added in your contact list. You do not need to add a new contact list separately. As for me, MSN is a little wired.

Oh one more thing is that you can use gtalk and chat with your friend when you log in to your gmail. You do not need to install any software. You can leave offline message simply. Gmail use AJAX, so it is very fast for you to access it. It only loads one new part not loading the whole web page again. Isn't it cool? I feel that gmail is more advance than others. At the beginning MSN gives only 2MB space. Yahoo is about 250 MB. Now, everything is changed and followed the way Gmail does.

Oh, you can attach a file easily. In Yahoo and MSN, there are 2 steps to attach a file. I dislike that. I do not want to waste my time for attach files one by one. Moreover, in Gmail, attachment file size is 10 MB which is larger than Yahoo and MSN. This is GB century. All photos, video, music, mp3, mp4, and pdf files are over 2 MB. It is difficult for us to reduce the size less than 2 MB. :P

Edited by itcom (see edit history)

Gmail is revolutionary by all means, in addition to what you've said guys, maybe Google Talk is very simple and doesn't have all features as MSN messenger does but if you want to talk to someone on the mic. it has very clear sound as sometimes you'll feel as you are talking in the phone "maybe because not so many people are using it, we will see", also you could add the pop3 service and the Gmail to Microsoft Outlook for example for free "I know it's a paid service in Yahoo and I don't know if it's still like this", I really love Gmail although I use Yahoo more since I used to do long time ago.

I'm also a fan of gmail, even though it managed to lose two months worth of my e-mails.That's a far cry from "never delete another e-mail again"... Although, I guess so if they're doing it for you!The space was the initial draw. And the elitist in me enjoyed getting in when it was invite only and people were literally spamming and begging for an invitation.I like the format. The conversation format, is nice. It's a clean interface. Generally reliable.The privacy policy is rather frightening, however, yet I take my chances, all the same.Plus having a gmail account makes using all of google's other services a lot easier and faster, such as orkut, google pages, froogle, etc.All in all, it's a good choice for free e-mail. I'm bitter about those deletions, and the fact there is seemingly no way to contact anyone from google about it to complain... if there is, I haven't found it.

Reasons why I use it:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Great spam detection. Everybody else gets spam, I DONT!I can save recipes and things on there and when I want them, I just search for them.I can keep EVERY SINGLE email that I ever receive.

Its not that I care about it I just got it for the heck of it, and only use it if I have to email files, or talk to the few people on Gtalk, if you want to add me to gtalk my email is archangel.michael.a[at]gmail.com.Although you can use your gmail for file storage I wouldn't risk putting something in there, but I odn't since I got a EHD at my disposal to do that; However, why doesn't google get it over with and just unlimited the gmail accounts this small increases are just lame when yahoo has done it and I think Microsoft as well. That way people can start upload movies to there accounts and create google torrents from there :P.

im basically a satisfied gmail user, because its fun to watch that counter on the login page keep going up to show how much memory you have. just kidding. i like it because of the litttle spam it has, and because iGoogle PWNS

well gmail is safe. it's free. it gives POP and SMTP and yeah more it's safe for your mail also offer around 6.5GB space it's enough. moreover your can store your photos in 1GB space also can store your documents. and you can many other google service with this single account.

yeah, gmail with the feature is amazing day by day..another web mail site not like that..cause of that, day by day i more care to the gmail and its google feature., <_<

i know many people who love gmail. but i personally hate it. i love google but i just always prefered gmail. one bad thing about hotmail - the email i always use - is that you can't chat on it but they say there going to change that.