xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PlugComputers

Amd And Next Year

For anyone interested in what AMD will be producing later this year, AnandTech has written an article detailing the next generation processor from Texas.

http://www.anandtech.com/

Personally I'm rather looking forward to what's coming, though the question right now is not whether it will be enough to topple the Core 2 or even if it has come quickly enough, but whether AMD can pick up its pace and continue to give Intel a run for its money. As the article points out, during the Netburst generation AMD had become somewhat slack in updating its product line, meanwhile Intel was rapidly accelerating with its developments of Dothan, Yonah etc. to finally come out with Conroe.

Well, AMD has already made a new cpu, running at 2.4 ghz. So far the benchmarks show it's keeping up with a Core 2 Duo 6750 pretty well, despite the lower clock speed (2.4 to 2.66). Since this is the first cpu of the line, I'm excited about what we're gonna see next. Gotta love competition: more speed, lower prices.

Well, AMD has already made a new cpu, running at 2.4 ghz. So far the benchmarks show it's keeping up with a Core 2 Duo 6750 pretty well, despite the lower clock speed (2.4 to 2.66). Since this is the first cpu of the line, I'm excited about what we're gonna see next. Gotta love competition: more speed, lower prices.

yes gotta love competition =) i will love it when you can buy the top of the line stuff of 07 for dirt cheap =)

It's interesting you brought this topic up, although I was thinking something else because of this article I read and the fact that 2007 was the worse year for AMD ever. It is due to its new Quad Core Opteron processor called Barcelona, and due to all the delays with this processor it has put some serious hurt on AMD financially. So hopefully when Barcelona and Shanghai are release they will get their money back basically, and from the break down Barcelona should be release in the first half of 2008 while Shanghai will be release in the second half of 2008. Of course with whats going ot be packed into these processors I am not surprise they are having they are, and of course the fact most people only need dual core processors for pretty much everything.

On top of those processors they are delaying their Desktop platforms (Phantom), and laptop platforms (Puma) as well yeah these new technologies are hitting hard just like the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 for Sony and Microsoft respectively.

SOURCE

Site #1

Site #2