xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Create A Bryce5 Abstract! Learn to create buetiful abstract designs in bryce

HOW TO

1. Open up Bryce 5. Go to 'File' and click 'New'. Change the File Dimensions to 1024x768 and click the checkmark at the bottom of the 'New File' popup.

Posted Image

Now create a sphere using the the 'sphere' tool. You should see a sphere appear on your canvas.

Posted Image

Take the black dot on the top left and drag it until the sphere is big enough that you can fit things into it. Then, use the zoom in arrow to move you camera inside of the sphere.

Posted Image

2. Now here is the abstract part. Take the 'torus' tool and create a few torus's. Edit their sizes, rotations, etc. until you're happy. This is what I got:

Posted Image

If you want to create a good abstract, you will need to be able to see it. Insert some light into the sphere by using the light tool. If you do not know how to add some light, got to the top tool bar and click on 'Create'. Then click on the yellow sphere. Now take the light that you created and move it where you want to put it. I Would recomend that you place the lights in front of the torus's so that you can see them well. If you are having trouble doing that, then use the tool that rotates your camera (left tool bar, big round button with arrows on it) so that you can manuever them easier.

3. In the third and final step, we will add some material to the objects. Select all the objects (CTRL+A). Some option buttons will appear appear on the screen in a column. Click the big 'M' one.

Posted Image

You have just opened the material editor! For now, don't worry about all the weird bars and guages that you see. Click on the arrow located near the top and to the right of the materials preview. A popup with the heading 'Materials' will appear. Click on 'Simple and Fast', and select the 'Mirror' texture. (Note: feel free to use any other texture.)

Posted Image

Your almost done a beutiful abstract! Next, click on the large round 'render' button on the left toolbar.

Posted Image

Your image is now rendering.

Patience is a virtue you may need when rendering. It may take anywhere from four minutes to an hour or more. Not only that but then it will Anti-alias afterwords. The wait is worth the art though.

Congratulations, you have an awesome picture. Now click on 'File' and the 'Save Image As' and save your image. If you would like a copy of the Bryce file then save the Bryce file as well.

Feel free to open up your saved image in photoshop and mess around with some 2D.

The basic theory behind it would be the same... so yes.... I would suppose so.

Is there any way to do this in something like google sketchup?Its that 3d tool that google offers for free.

Sorry I wouldn't know... never used that program... You may be able to... but I know that the google one works really different.