xisto Community
Wired2k7

Python Programming Language

Does anybody else know any python?I've started learning it, because I heard somewhere that it is quite easy to learn and I want to learn a programming language quickly :).I haven't learned how to do any complex stuff with it yet, but its still fun learning about it :D.If you want to find out more info about Python, then you can go to their website.I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post links, but just search 'Python' (Without the ' s) on google and its the top link.

Yeah, Python is on my to-do-list :)Partially because I want to move to using OpenOffice rather than MS Office at some point, and they use Python to provide users back-end access (like VBA for MS Office). Also, I used to use SPSS (a statistical package) and you can interact with that using Python.It's a language that's gaining market share and traction (if I recall correctly, Computing Weekly (Monthly?) have a yearly survey of skills in demand in the UK IT sector, and Python keeps moving up the rankings), and is supposed to be fairly easy to learn once you've got a couple of other languages under your belt.

Python really is incredibly easy to learn, especially (as crazyfray said) if you have some previous experience. There was a point where I looked at a Python tutorial for an hour or so and at that point I could basically program anything I've ever done in C++ (stuff learned in a high school course) using Python. The truth is, that any language becomes fairly simple to learn (NOT master) if you have the basic concepts of programming down and are somewhat familiar with another language. That being said, Python is probably the easiest to become accustommed to after switching from another language. It's incredibly simple to use and you can customize the way you write code (through certain language statements) without compiler aid.

Does anybody else know any python?
I've started learning it, because I heard somewhere that it is quite easy to learn and I want to learn a programming language quickly :D.

I haven't learned how to do any complex stuff with it yet, but its still fun learning about it :P.

If you want to find out more info about Python, then you can go to their website.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post links, but just search 'Python' (Without the ' s) on google and its the top link.

Hello

I'm quite fluent in Python. If You ever need some advice be my guest. I'm also thinking of developing some tutorial here at Xisto.

Bye