xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
strange-garden

Building Up My Portfolio (free stuff)

Hello everyone,I want to do a course next year on graphic design, but I need a portfolio for it. I want to include some logos and stuff, prefferbly ones for real businesses :)If anyone wants one for free, or knows of anyone who needs a free logo or banner...etc etc, let me know! :D If I get a big response I wont be able to do all of them, so get in quickly!

Can I have one that says zoulle and do what you like with it though red be a nice one + M8 which is a business that exists and needs a decent logo. we sell flash memory sticks if that helps!!

Sure, I'll get it done when I can. Make sure to check the thread later on, I may message you though.
Thankyou!

well since it's for your portfolio and all :) go here wildcat-exotics.trap17.com/ and see what you can add or replace to make it better. i'm going to be working on this site again soon and know i wanted to probably eventually change the couple banner graphics. but if you can come up with a logo for wildcat exotics, that would be great, and anything else. after you're done, i'll take a look at it and see what i think. i wont give you any suggestions or the thoughts i had in mind since your job would be to be creative anyway....so i think it will give yea some practice....and if put your time in it, can be added to your portfolio. i don't advertise this site yet because it's not done and i don't want it listed. why i didn't put the http in front of my address. google will snap it up quickly on trap

but i would really like a logo and some sort of graphic banner floating on the top and/or anything that would look good

{appended message}

btw- wildcat exotics is an exotic pets business that will be located in warsaw missouri. now that i have gotten wildcat oasis off the ground(my little cafe/hamburger joint) i want to get wildcat exotics off the ground. my main business will be buying pets wholesale, selling retail.....on the net and off the net locally. "wildcat" comes from the school name "warsaw wildcats" in this small town and this name is known here. why i chose it in both my businesses. "exotics" is what i will be dealing it...specifically exotic pets. i wanted to give you a break down and clarify so it's more helpfull to you in what direction you think is best.

also, a small tip since you will be dealing with colors and banners and graphics in your future projects(and hopefully get paid eventually too). do some searches on the psychology of colors and banner or logo placements. it's very interesting the psychology behind it and what is more clearly visable to the subconscious even depending on the theme of the website sometimes. it will help your eventual business projects :D not a lot of people know the psychology or willing to take the time to learn it and it's important so i don't know why they don't

i also plan to redo some of the website so if i like your work, i will be building it around it. BUT! i prefer the name and description of the site("wildcat exotics - your exotic pets resource") to be in text. not graphics. because of some seo issues. i may modify it around your design(if your up for the task) but wont delete it and i don't want it duplicated.

anyway, lemme know if you are up for the task. and if you have any questions, lemme know. you wanted a real business, well....you got one. good luck :D
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Thankyou anwii, I will add this to my list.I will be busy most of tomorrow, but I'll get it done as soon as I possibly can.

I'm the admin over at phpLD. There are always people looking for templates. So if you are able to make a directory template for phpLD I'm sure that will get you some notice.
Thanks,
David

Just a reminder to everyone that we do have a graphics desifn request forum, that way you can create individual requests, and that way you don't have to worry about reading a bunch of posts to find your request a lot quicker. To go to this forum go here. Also you need ot have a 10 post minimum to request a design, thus to keep the spam down and also not ot let people get a design done and just leave after its completed.

As for building a portfolio it not just creating a design for businesses and websites, you need to know about techniques and all that off stuff, so reading and trying out tutorials and stuff to get idea's and even combine them, thus you won't get the "one trick pony" label put on you as well. On top of that it's all about practice as well so taking a pre-existing design and see what ways you can improve on it and stuff like that.

Thankyou anwii, I will add this to my list.I will be busy most of tomorrow, but I'll get it done as soon as I possibly can.

take your time. no rush. i expect some good things outta you :) actually, waiting for my free domain from trap to come in so i can start working on my site again where i can advertise it finally....after i complete that site, i might have another internet business site for ya that has me stumped for any logo or banner at the top. do you plan on doing templates or just logos and banners? my other website would be an internet marketing website....

also, if i like your work and you plan on charging eventually, then maybe we can trade services. i'm good at marketing on the net and seo if you plan on having a website....then, you can ad your own site to your portfolio too :D

Hey guys,I'm terribly sorry but something came up. It's currently Friday 14th dec at 11:42p.m. and all week I've been busy with stuff. My boyfriend's sister is in hospital, my dog is pregnant and is having problems, and a iPod skin company asked me to do some templates for them, so I've been super busy.As it is late and I'm tired (I had 3 hours sleep last night and I have been working all day frantically at fixing my laptop and scanner) I will have to re-start on them tomorrow.I started the zoulle ones, but I didn't save it, and my laptop lost power, so I'll have to re-do it.I really do appologise, guys. Tomorrow I have some sci fi stuff to do, and I'll continue working on the logos and whatever else you guys need tomorrow morning (if my boyfriend doesn't come over).Cheers.