xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
de4thpr00f

Hacking - What Is It And How Is It Related To My Hosting? Doubt about the rules

Well, to be exact, the term "Hacker" is supposed to be used for someone good. Someone who works for, and pen-tests company network systems. A "Cracker" is someone who uses hacking skills for bad (Deleting files, crashing system, etc..) But the general public is ignorant to this and believes Hackers are the bad ones, and that no good hacker exists.Another terminology is "hat hackers"A white hat hacker - finds security holes and reports themA black-hat hacker - finds security holes, and destroys/steals dataA grey hat hacker - finds security holes, may put a back door, or steal data, THEN report the hole.But like I said, this doesn't exist to the public. Their view: Hackers = Evil :P

yeah...that's right ..most of the people believe hacking means evil...They just think hackers are meant to destroy or steal data...but that's wrong....there are many of them who hack just to show their great abilities...means they are not upto something bad...and i have heard my friends say what do they get by hacking a system which may not contribute any good data to them...n i think the answer is the satisfaction they get which only the hacker can understand...